Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2018, 01:22 AM   #1

Dometic AC won’t turn off

Our dometic AC for the bedroom seems to not want to turn off. When it is set to ‘cool’ and ‘auto’ and the temp reads that it is currently 66 on the unit for the bedroom, yet it is set to 68-70, it still runs. It won’t turn off unless you manually turn it to ‘off’. Any ideas? Are there ways to restart the thermostat?
Fallont22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:44 AM   #2

Yes the AC in my Georgetown does not turn off it is in the shop now..
I let you know what’s the outcome is
1964chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:02 AM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallont22 View Post
Our dometic AC for the bedroom seems to not want to turn off. When it is set to ‘cool’ and ‘auto’ and the temp reads that it is currently 66 on the unit for the bedroom, yet it is set to 68-70, it still runs. It won’t turn off unless you manually turn it to ‘off’. Any ideas? Are there ways to restart the thermostat?
For the AC you need the fan in either 'HI' or 'LOW'.

In auto it (AC) will just run and never shut off.

Auto is for furnace only (at least on mine, anywayz).

And if the fan is on 'HI' or 'LOW' and not 'AUTO' when in furnace mode, both the AC and furnace will run at the same time.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:48 AM   #4

Quote:
put the fan on auto. the compressor and fan will cycle on and off at the set point. just like at home. Fan in "on", the compressor will stop at set point but the fan will. I run the fan only very ofen.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
put the fan on auto. the compressor and fan will cycle on and off at the set point. just like at home. Fan in "on", the compressor will stop at set point but the fan will. I run the fan only very ofen.
When I turn it to ‘fan’ there isn’t an option for a set point. Only on cool can I set it to a specific temp
Old 04-29-2018, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
For the AC you need the fan in either 'HI' or 'LOW'.

In auto it (AC) will just run and never shut off.

Auto is for furnace only (at least on mine, anywayz).

And if the fan is on 'HI' or 'LOW' and not 'AUTO' when in furnace mode, both the AC and furnace will run at the same time.
For our zone 1 that is how it works kind of. Either way, we live in it full time and have always set both zones to ‘auto’ ‘cool’ and it cools to the temp we set it to and then turns off. For some reason, for zone 2, it is set to 74 and even though it reads current temp in the room to be 71, it still turns on and will not stop until we manually turn it off. It shouldn’t even be coming in bc the temp is below what it is set to.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #7
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Do you have photos of your thermostats?
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Do you have photos of your thermostats?
I think I attached it...
I actually just called a mobile rv service in our area and talked to him and he said it sounds like the thermostat. So along with resetting the thing and unplugging it and plugging it back in, I’m trying it again. If it is still continuously running without turning off, he said I can just order a new thermostat and it is pretty much plug and play and see if that works, which he says it should! So, going to find one online now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2973944B-FECB-4B01-92DD-C3F3FA63324F.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	169947  
Old 04-29-2018, 11:23 AM   #9

Resetting and unplugging the thermostat seemed to have worked! I set it to 70 and when it got to 70 it just shut off. Thanks everyone for your help! That was an easier fix than expected!!
Old 04-29-2018, 01:11 PM   #10

Quote:
When I turn it to ‘fan’ there isn’t an option for a set point. Only on cool can I set it to a specific temp
Yes, that is correct. AC on cool. fan on automatic. They both cycle on and off with the set point. If you have the fan in the on position the fan will not shut off but the compressor will. You can also run the fan on without the AC just to circulate the air.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Yes, that is correct. AC on cool. fan on automatic. They both cycle on and off with the set point. If you have the fan in the on position the fan will not shut off but the compressor will. You can also run the fan on without the AC just to circulate the air.

Thanks for the info! Haven’t tried it just on fan yet; the ac has been either on or off, so that is good to know, thank you!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:02 AM   #12

On my dometic thermostat it seems like it is not very sensitive. It seems to have a wide temp. range before it comes on and shuts off.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic