Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2021, 03:04 AM   #1

Dometic DMR702

Electricians screwed up wiring my my shore hookup on my shop and my da plugged the tester in WITH the camper attached. Sent 220v into it and fried the power inverter and the AC side of the refrigerator.
I did find a blown fuse on the control board but even after replacing the fuse, I am not getting any power out of the AC connectors on the board and I do not get any continuity (I should get it shouldn’t i?)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6742.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	410.3 KB
ID:	251626Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6743.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	251627on the wires that go to the heater.
Gatorbashr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Are you referring to AC power from the receptacle? if so check the circuit breaker for the frig also check the 12V fuse on your distribution panel going to the frig. In the pic the frig is not plugged into the receptacle could that be the problem.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #3

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Are you referring to AC power from the receptacle? if so check the circuit breaker for the frig also check the 12V fuse on your distribution panel going to the frig. In the pic the frig is not plugged into the receptacle could that be the problem.

I am getting 110 out of the receptacle and the 12/volt propane side does cool.
I found a YouTube video that described my exact issue and his ended up being the ac heating element.

Amazon will have it here tomorrow. Hoping the controller isn’t bad as well because the replacement doesn’t match up correctly. Where the old has a 6 port connection, the new has a eight port.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbashr View Post
I am getting 110 out of the receptacle and the 12/volt propane side does cool.

I found a YouTube video that described my exact issue and his ended up being the ac heating element.

Amazon will have it here tomorrow. Hoping the controller isn’t bad as well because the replacement doesn’t match up correctly. Where the old has a 6 port connection, the new has a eight port.
Sounds right. I can't quote the exact value but ohms law says roughly you should see 20-30 ohms across that coil and if it is infinite it is likely blown open.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #5

Video that I found is my problem to the T.

Tags
dometic