Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #1

Dometic dmr702 refrigerator door handle replacement flow chart

Hello again Freedom Lovers!
Got a new bed for my RV and while pulling past Fridge…you guessed it. Broke Fridge handle. 🤬
Dometic DMR702. I removed the 2 screws on handle and can’t seem to find how it comes off. Is there another step I can’t see without breaking? Does anybody have a flow chart to explain. Looked for videos but of course not for my fridge. Can anybody point me in correct direction. ( btw ordered upgraded rounded replacement handles)
D3ano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:03 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I would contact Dometic Tech Support directly.

DOMETIC END CONSUMER PRODUCT SUPPORT
Phone: 800-544-4881
E-Mail: customersupportcenter@dometic.com

Herk
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:23 PM   #3

The DMR-702 handle kind of snaps into place. The screws are backup and keep it from sliding up or down IIRC. When mine broke, some thin screwdriver prying in the right place got it off.

My problem was identifying the correct replacement. My DMR-702 was from 2014 and the handle design changed sometime after that. I found a couple of handle part numbers that were pretty vague at identifying the handle I needed and what was meant by left or right (hinge side or door handle side?). I ended up with a newer handle that did not match the freezer handle, but did work.
100% dry camping and boondocking.
https://hclarkx.slickpic.com/gallery/?viewer
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:17 AM   #4

Handle Dom

Hi Thanks. I saw another vid with a different mod fridg that the guy just pulled and snapped. I just kinda did that and it popped off. Putting the rounded replacement I noticed there where no screws just locking tabs that grab the plastic in the middle of it in back. I just kinda hooked the outer edge of handle and rolled it around to front of door and it “clicked” in. Thanks for the response.

D3ano
D3ano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, door, refrigerator, replacement