Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
ob la dee, ob la Da

Question Dometic Freezer door hinge Broken

Hi all, looking for some assistance here on the forum, Forest River won't return calls or respond to my emails
We purchased a 2021 2204S in May. Took it on our maiden voyage a week later and had a blast. Second trip out, beginning of July, I opened the freezer door to stock some food, and the door came off the top hinge and was in my hand.
The part that broke is the plastic piece that screws to the door and sits on the hinge pin. (screw overtightened?)The hinge on the unit is good. I contacted the dealership where I purchased the camper and was told that freezer hinges aren't covered under warranty. I contacted Forest River and my emails aren't being responded to, nor are my phone calls being returned. I contacted Dometic, and was told to take it to an authorized Service Center for repair under warranty, however no information on a location of one of those centers was provided. So at this point, I'm just looking for some advice and maybe you guys can point me to someone who has parts for "New" Dometic freezers. I'll fix it myself if i can locate the part, heck, it's one phillips head screw. Thanks in advance since I can't get on here very often. Mr.Mike
Dejavudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
Site Team

Dyer's as well as others carry the hinges, but they're pretty steep in price.

Looks like there are several Dometic dealer/service centers in your area. I think I'd call one of them to see what they'll do for you.

Tags
dometic, door