Old 11-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #1

dometic fridge

I have a Dometic DMR/DMC 7series fridge in my RV. It shows no communication between display and power module. The 3 temp. Control lights flashing. I just turned it off to clean it and this happened. Tried to check fuse in back of it and cannot get fuse door off. A gas line is in the way. What can I try?
Dana Noldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
Head Rambler

Remove both 120 volt and 12 volt power from the unit for a few minutes and then repower the fridge. See if that resets it. You can pull the fuse and trip the breaker in the power panel so you don't have to get into the control board.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #3
Just as confused as you

Have you tried resetting it by turning off the breaker or pulling the 12vdc fuse at the power distribution panel?

If you need to check the fuses on the control board and the gas line is blocking the cover, you might be able to get the cover off by loosening the gas line and moving it a little, otherwise you will have to remove the gas line.

Turn off the gas at the tanks and burn it off by lighting a stove burner.It shouldn't take long. As a safety precaution you could disconnect the gas lines from the LP tanks after you burn the gas off.

You will need a 1/2 or 9/16 inch wrench to loosen the gas line from the back of the fridge. You will smell the chemical that gives LP it's odor. Let it dissipate, it should take no more than 5 to 10 minutes.

You should have a spray bottle with soapy water so you can check for gas leaks once you get things back together and the gas turned back on.

Good luck. Please come back and tell us what you find.
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
I deserve hazard pay when camping with my relatives.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #4
Tom

Good luck with that piece of garbage.
Seachaser186 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge