Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2024, 06:25 PM   #1

Dometic fridge check light on

My campers plugged in and my refrigerator is cooling just fine. The gas is off and it is on auto. Why is the check light on?
Jdamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 06:29 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

Shouldn't be. That's only for when it's set to gas and there's a gas flow problem, like out of propane.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 06:59 PM   #3

Sounds to me like it's not cooling as good as you might think it is. Like NJKris said. That light shouldn't be on. Why wouldn't you have the gas on.

If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where they went.

Will Rogers
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:48 PM   #4

With the Dometic refrig in our TT, we keep the TT plugged in 24/7 to AC service. The refrig is in AUTO mode and is thus powered by AC. The LP tank valves are closed. If there is a power failure, the refrig switches to LP as it is designed to do. Since there is no LP available the system throws a CHECK light.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:44 AM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

I never shut off the gas unless it's parked at home in driveway. When I prep for a trip, gas goes on, stove burners are lit to make sure everything is purged and operating. Fridge is set to AUTO, so it will still chill plugged in at home, but when I leave, all I do is unplug and make sure the CHECK light has not come on. I keep the fridge lit while traveling unless stopping for fuel or using tunnels with restrictions.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 03:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdamato View Post
My campers plugged in and my refrigerator is cooling just fine. The gas is off and it is on auto. Why is the check light on?
Just a guess....
It could be an indicator that the gas is off and it won't be able to switch to gas if you use electric power.
What happens if you select 'electric' only?

Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-16-2024, 11:02 PM   #7

I saw this recently

I don't know if there are other possibilities, but I saw this recently -- about 3 weeks ago. I had the trailer plugged in. When turning on the fridge, I pressed the Auto/Propane button once to see if it was set for auto. It had been, so what I just did was set it to Propane. I pressed the button again to set it back to Auto. When I can back the next day to see if the fridge was cooling down, the check light was on.

What I think happened is that once Propane was selected, it continued on Propane until the lighting cycle was complete. I knew there was probably air in the line and that would cause the check light. And with the check light on it didn't switch back to Auto.

That's quite a bit of guessing on my part. At any rate, I cycled the fridge off and on and it's been working fine since then on both on 120 and Propane.

Tags
check, dometic, fridge, light