Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #1

Question Dometic Fridge door seal

Over the winter we had some unwelcome creatures (field mice) invade our trailer. I had left the little blue tabs in the fridge and freezer doors to hold them open to prevent mold build up. Well, I guess one of the little critters found his way into the freezer, and then somehow squeezed his way into the fridge. I still haven't figured out how he got in there and it really does amaze me that they were able to get into the fridge. Guess they can climb walls after all.

Anyways, after finding his way into the fridge, I guess he couldn't find his way out and started to eat his way through the door seal. A quick call to our dealer shows that the fridge door seal is not available as a separate part and we need to replace the entire door (or might as well). $225 in Canadian So, here's the question; the bottom door seal has been punctured for about 2", and all of it is above the door seal magnet. So... what would you do to fix that? Right now I'm looking at white electrical tape over the hole, and pretend it doesn't bother me. Any other ideas?

Response from dealer: "Dometic got back to me and it's almost the same price to order complete door than to r&r seal on existing door.Part#2932563055 $225.00 is for complete door with seal. Complete gasket kit is $4.00 less than ordering complete door. Let me know what you want to do."

Fridge info:
Model DM2652
Prod no. 921 14 41-79
Manufactured 2007
algilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #2

Would help to have the part number for the gasket.

I tried on PPL Motorhomes site but their online parts catalog is a PITA so if I were you I would call them.

Also try this seller on Ebay: hard2findrvpart

Never bought from him but he is selling RV refrigerator door gasket kits for around $100. Don't know if he has the one for your fridge or not.

Good luck...
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #3

Here is a place you can try.

http://www.aaarv.net/dometic_gasket_kits.htm
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote