Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2024, 12:47 PM   #1

Dometic refrig not working on gas above 3,000' elevation

Hi all......I need to ask for your help. My trailer's (2017 R-Pod 172) refrigerator (Dometic model RM8501) works fine on 120V, 12VDC and LPG at lower elevations. However, above around 3,000 feet elevation, it will not work on LPG. I make sure the refrigerator is perfectly level in both directions. I still have ample gas pressure & burning on the stove. I have checked the ignitor electrode gap (3/16”) and cleaned the burner, valve & vent. I have dual LPG tanks that run through the same regulator. Is there an adjustment in this regulator that I can adjust? What else can I check, adjust or modify to get our refrigerator to work on LPG at higher elevations? Thanks so much for your help on this. Happy Trails.
PokeyPod172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:06 PM   #2

Gas appliances don't get enough oxygen at high altitudes and it's common for them to require different gas jets to function properly. Too much gas-too little air. But 6,000 to 10,000 feet is the typically stated altitude where de-rating is required. Look for restricted air to the refrigerator (or too much gas) Got spiders or wasps, they both love these areas.

-- Chuck
Old 04-23-2024, 02:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the hints, Chuck. Most appreciated.
PokeyPod172 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, gas