Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator 1350 RM Problem

I'm new to the Forum and a relative new Cedar Creek owner (11 months). We have a 2013 Cedar Creek, Touring Edition with a Dometic 1350 RM refer. We are having a problem starting it after it has been off for a period of time. When the "off/on" button is depressed, we receive an error code "E0". This means there is a communication error and according to Dometic, between the upper and lower modules. It does not happen all of the time, but when it does, it can take several hours and numerous pushes of the button before it begins to work. The problem seems to occur when the weather is, or has been rainy and/or cold. Once the unit starts to work, it works perfectly and it can be turned off and back on with no problem. I have checked the 12V level at the refer and it is always OK. I have checked as many wires and connectors as I can see they all seem secure. The problem happens whether the unit is on shore power or battery. Any thoughts?
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #2

I experienced the same problem this weekend. This was the coldest outside temp that we have been in. The camper is new and delivered in May. I was eventually able to get it to work for about 8 hours on LP. Then E0. I have a call in to the dealer to schedule a warranty repair.

What did you find out with your issue?
codten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #3

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem......it's frustrating for sure. In my case, I was able to get a mobile Dometic service person to come to our ranch in South Dakota and check it out. He removed the lower module cover disconnected the main cable between the upper and lower module as well as others....I think there is some 110/120v wiring as well. Cleaned connectors, checked the wires into the connector, jiggled and pushed then reassembled everything and it started to work properly.

At the same time, he contacted Dometic and talked them into sending out a new lower module. They were very reluctant but he agreed to waive his warranty visit fee if they would send out a new module and they did. W did not install the new module when it arrived since the old system was and still works. He asked me to keep the new module and install it if they problem starts again......then we will have a warranty issue with Dometic. I paid the rep. the his normal service fee for all the work he did and since he got the system working. We are now back at our home in Florida and the system has worked properly since his visit.

Your issue may be a little different since it apparently worked on gas, but not electricity. I assume that it quit working all together after the 8 hour period. If you were only on 12v and did not have 110/120v connected when it was working, you may have run the batteries low enough that the refrigerator stopped due to a low battery condition. If not you may have a module problem.

Hope this helps and good luck.
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, refrigerator