Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #1

Dometic refrigerator code E1

My refrigerator has a code E1 displayed on it. This is model RM3962. Had the thermistor changed thinking it was the culprit. Still giving the E1 code. The unit cools fine. When the unit is turned on it looks like it cools down based on the setting for the inside temp. once it does this it will go into the E1 code. This will happen on electricity or gas. I can turn the unit off for a brief time then back on and it will cool until it reaches temp and then go back to E1 again. Any suggestions as to what causes this. This problem started during the summer but looks like it is starting to happen more often. Thanks
bullet13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I believe e1 is loss of communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...nual_17595.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2015, 08:18 PM   #4

How would I correct the communication issue. I have the manual. It talks about the gas valve also. Refrigerator works on both propane and electricity. It will cool down to the setting that is selected on unit. Once it gets there the E1 code come on. I can turn unit off and back on to reset the code and lower the temp setting and it will continue to lower the temp. in refrigerator. Not sure what will need to be changed to correct this issue. RV shops don't give you much help either. Thanks
Old 12-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #5

Recently had the same code, I had to manually unplug the AC electric plug and let sit for about 10 minutes and plug back in. If this doesn't work unplug AC and remove all connections in rear of fridge wait the 10 minutes and put it all back together. That is what I had to do, after which all worked fine.
bobkatz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #6

How old is you unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet13 View Post
My refrigerator has a code E1 displayed on it. This is model RM3962. Had the thermistor changed thinking it was the culprit. Still giving the E1 code. The unit cools fine. When the unit is turned on it looks like it cools down based on the setting for the inside temp. once it does this it will go into the E1 code. This will happen on electricity or gas. I can turn the unit off for a brief time then back on and it will cool until it reaches temp and then go back to E1 again. Any suggestions as to what causes this. This problem started during the summer but looks like it is starting to happen more often. Thanks
You have not stated how old your unit is, so I can only say this as I assume it is under warranty , and if so contact domedic as they will need to inform as to where take your coach and be repaired.

As per the domedic manual it is a propane valve issue, and it states to turn off the fridge for 10 minutes and try again. Now you have stated you have done this and when it reaches temp it goes back to error.
So it would lead me to believe the propane valve is not good and needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps you out some, Happy Camping And Merry Christmas
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I believe it's an 09

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 12-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #8

My fridge is still under warranty, so less than 2 years old. My unit would begin to cool in both gas and AC mode but would stop and display E1. I followed the recommendations to disconnect both AC and DC connections and allow it to sit. There is also a reset on the heating stack which may also need to be reset. Hope this helps as stated it worked for me.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #9

You can also go online and search for Dometic error code E1. That is what I followed to get mine back to working order.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #10

Thanks for all the feedback. Im presently on a camping trip and haven't checked the web site until now. My fridge seems to work fine as long as it is opened up to get things out of it. Once it set for a period of time with opening up the door it will go into the E1 code. I have tried unplugging the AC cord for over 10 mins and still goes into E1 code. I haven't tried disconnecting the 12 volt wires yet. Will try this after trip is over and at the house. The camper is 2009 unit. Don't think Dometic will cover this old of a unit.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:29 AM   #11

Thanks for all the feedback that i have had on this problem. My issue with the E1 code on refrigerator has been resolved thanks to Scottys rv service in New Iberia La. After trouble shooting the problem what they found that the box was getting interferance in the 12v signal to the box. The ran a seperate 12v supply from the battery straight to the refrigerator. I was told by them that they have ran across this on multpule rvs. Box has been up and running for the past 3 days and still no issue. In the past it wouldnt last 3 hrs before going into E1 code. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet13 View Post
Thanks for all the feedback that i have had on this problem. My issue with the E1 code on refrigerator has been resolved thanks to Scottys rv service in New Iberia La. After trouble shooting the problem what they found that the box was getting interferance in the 12v signal to the box. The ran a seperate 12v supply from the battery straight to the refrigerator. I was told by them that they have ran across this on multpule rvs. Box has been up and running for the past 3 days and still no issue. In the past it wouldnt last 3 hrs before going into E1 code. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Hi. I have had this same problem with the E1 code. Is your problem still fixed? I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!
jimmy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #13

E1 Code

Yes Box is work fine. The RV dealer originally changed out control board on box first but code continued to pop up. Brought it back and after trouble shooting issue further it was determined that it was getting some type of interference for 12V system. They ran a separate ground wire from box straight to battery. Problem has come back. Hope this helps. RV is a 2009 unit and its the original box.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #14

E1 error code RM 3762 Dometic fridge

So The error code indicates a problem with the propane system. After having this problem pop up every 3 months for years, and then become daily towards the end, I decided to pull open the burner box. I blew out the burner tube with compressed air. I don't know what you call the probe that senses wether there is flame or not, but it was really gunked up. So I cleaned it. It has now been nearly a week with no code. Time will tell, but I now feel confident to leave my rig with out the dreaded shutdown caused by the E1 error code. I too have run the seperate ground wire direct to the battery and that did help for years, but I still got the error every several months. From my personal experience, I would recommend doing both. I have had this fridge for 6 years. Ever since they came out. I think the problem this time was the sensor probe would not sense that the flame was on and would shut down the propane flow. Than it would try again and again and finally give up and throw the code that there was a gas problem. It was gunked up with 3/8" of carbon.... Good luck to you all with this problem. VERY annoying.
jimmy19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, refrigerator