Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator Cooling Issue

Like many my Dometic DM2852 is having trouble cooling the refrigerator. I watched the You Tube tech help by Ford RV Refrig. and what a help they are. Found out that my AC element is only partially working so I am replacing that to start. My question is how to add extra cooling fans? My unit is in a slide-out and is very poorly vented. I need to add two or three fans at the top to draw air as there is a box closing off most of the area between the refrig and the outside wall. The box is mostly blocked off at the bottom yet is open to the top vent, taking up 2/3 of the vent. I can't remove the box so I thought I would add fans to help draw the air up behind it, over the refrig lines. I also need a fan at the very top to draw hot air out of the evaporator area and out the remaining 1/3 of the vent. Where do you get the fans and how do you wire them in?
CaptZoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #2

Google RV frig cooling fans there are kits you can buy or build your own using computer case cooling fans and snap disc switches. When I built mine for my class A I used 130* snap disc on the lower frig tubing to supply power and a 90* snap disc in the upper chimney area to control the fans (2) good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, dometic, refrigerator