Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2024, 05:24 PM   #1

Dometic refrigerator freezer problem

Have 2016 dometic 110v,gas. On gas it lights fine, then the ignitor comes on again after about a half minute keeps clicking then refrigerator shuts off will not stay on. So far no luck in finding the problem. Thanks for any information.
K Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 05:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread from the General Community Discussion section to the Appliances and Electronics sub-forum since the OP's questions are specific to that sub-forum and not general questions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 07:16 PM   #3
D W

Here's a manual for you:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic Refrig Diagnostics.pdf (2.42 MB, 58 views)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:23 PM   #4

Seems that you have gas and ignition but does not stay on. That says lack of airflow via the combustion system. Make sure the trailer is level, left to right, and front to rear. This is very important. Also outside check for insect webs and wasp nests around the combustion tube.

There are LOTS of protection features on these systems. Be thankful they exist, although it makes troubleshooting a bit of a challenge.

The manual as suggested earlier is necessary to have on board.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:39 PM   #5

Could also be a inoperative thermocouple/flame sensor.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 03:49 PM   #6

Supporting Bob's comment.
The burner tubes on gas appliances are ideal places for spiders and other bugs.
It's a very easy job to clean the burner tube.

This isn't all there is to it, but the burner tube is a great place to start.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Forbes View Post
Have 2016 dometic 110v,gas. On gas it lights fine, then the ignitor comes on again after about a half minute keeps clicking then refrigerator shuts off will not stay on. So far no luck in finding the problem. Thanks for any information.

Sounds like the flame is going out and the igniter keeps trying to light the burner (3 cycles before shutting system down). Sounds like the gas is being interrupted (gas valve, 12volts). I would have the 12v feed & propane flow checked. Something is sending a signal to shut off the gas valve. I believe if there were and obstruction in the venture tube (insect web or nest) then you wouldn't even get the initial startup. The thermocouple which is located in the chimney flew, if tripped, would shut off ALL power to the refrigerator until the thermocouple is either replaced or reset (similar to a resettable circuit breaker) so, I doubt that is the issue.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 05:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Sounds like the flame is going out and the igniter keeps trying to light the burner (3 cycles before shutting system down). Sounds like the gas is being interrupted (gas valve, 12volts). I would have the 12v feed & propane flow checked. Something is sending a signal to shut off the gas valve. I believe if there were and obstruction in the venture tube (insect web or nest) then you wouldn't even get the initial startup. The thermocouple which is located in the chimney flew, if tripped, would shut off ALL power to the refrigerator until the thermocouple is either replaced or reset (similar to a resettable circuit breaker) so, I doubt that is the issue.
You are right about the thermocouple.
I meant spark electrode/flame sensor not thermocouple/flame sensor.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 05:59 PM   #9

Does your furnace, stove and hot water tank function correctly? If not then you could have a bad primary propane regulator. Just something else to check.
Odyknuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM   #10

I've had this exact problem a few times so I will tell you what I did to fix. Remove a few screws and take out the sheet metal shield around the burner. The very end of the (my) burner tube is drilled with some tiny holes. I had fine debris and rust accumulate in there, which allowed the gas to ignite but the gas also started to aerosol the fine particles which then plugged up the fire holes which prevented the flame from running long enough to activate the thermocouples. (Whew, that's a long sentence!) Anyway, I removed the burner tube, knocked out the fine rust particles, reassembled, and resolved my problem. Takes 10 minutes. I hope this is your fix too.
metalsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:07 AM   #11

Thumbs up Dometic problem solved for now

Ok so here is what I did about the problem. I plugged my RV to shore power turned on refrigerator for about ten minutes, then turned refrigerator to gas and to my amazement it has stayed on and is working fine. I cycled it several times from 110v to gas and is working perfectly. The reply about cleaning the flame manifold makes sense so Iím going to do that. Thanks for all of the replies.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Forbes View Post
Ok so here is what I did about the problem. I plugged my RV to shore power turned on refrigerator for about ten minutes, then turned refrigerator to gas and to my amazement it has stayed on and is working fine. I cycled it several times from 110v to gas and is working perfectly. The reply about cleaning the flame manifold makes sense so Iím going to do that. Thanks for all of the replies.

Thanks for returning and letting us know you got it working. That's how we all learn and know that our suggestions work.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:17 PM   #13

I am having this same problem

Hello All,
Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread.
I am having this same issue with my dometic rm1350.
Runs fine on shore power and generator.
When I try to run is on gas(LP) it will ignite and run for 1 minute then shut off, it does not try to relite. I have done extensive trouble shooting and replaced the thermocouple and boiler housing thermo switch.
Neither has helped still same problem.
I am convinced the rm1350 circuit board is shot however I can not find a replacement.
My board has 12 posts and all the replacements i find have 7-10 not 12.
I did find 2 on ebay with the exact pic of my board and ordered them only to find out it was a scam, GodBless paypal.
Here is a pic of my board.
If anyone can help me out I would be forever in your dept.
Thank you paul Smyth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dads RM1350 3851005029 circuit board.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	534.6 KB
ID:	297185  
Whyspir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:33 PM   #14

Dometic referator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyspir View Post
Hello All,
Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread.
I am having this same issue with my dometic rm1350.
Runs fine on shore power and generator.
When I try to run is on gas(LP) it will ignite and run for 1 minute then shut off, it does not try to relite. I have done extensive trouble shooting and replaced the thermocouple and boiler housing thermo switch.
Neither has helped still same problem.
I am convinced the rm1350 circuit board is shot however I can not find a replacement.
My board has 12 posts and all the replacements i find have 7-10 not 12.
I did find 2 on ebay with the exact pic of my board and ordered them only to find out it was a scam, GodBless paypal.
Here is a pic of my board.
If anyone can help me out I would be forever in your dept.
Thank you paul Smyth.
Ok check your flame manifold for a healthy blue flame it may be dirtied up. Clear it good check for nice blue flame. Also Dometic will email you a service manual if you call them.
Good luck.Ken
Old 02-23-2024, 08:26 AM   #15

Thank You for taking the time Ken,
Sorry I did not post all details. I do have the Dometic service manual.
Here is a link if anyone needs. https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Serv...,%20RM1350.pdf

I have already checked and cleaned the burner tube also checked and cleaned flu pipe also removed and checked roof vent.
Frige runs well on all other sources, Once I switch to Gas(lp) it runs for almost exactly 1 minute perfectly fine then I can hear the gas valve shut and flame goes out.
What I am really looking for now is a new control board. I have already replaced the eyebrow board that did not change anything.
I have spoken with dometic and they have told me that the RM1350 Power circuit board is unavailable.
I have spoken with Dinasaur electric (They make replacement boards) and they have told me that is one of the only boards they cannot replace or rebuild.
I am kind of up the creek without a paddle.
At this point I was hoping somebody had a trick or some backyard knowledge.
I would even just buy a new refrigerator at this point. however, it will not fit out the door. Iam told the only way to do that is by removing the front windshield.
Once again Thank you for reading and taking the time to reply.
Paul Smyth
Old 02-23-2024, 10:30 AM   #16

Bummer. The only other thing I can think of is getting your parts out of some wreck. There must be RV junkyards.How about the gas regulator?
Old 02-23-2024, 07:31 PM   #17

Thank you once Again for taking the time to reply.
As it stands now I have exausted all research on the internet.
Dometic was no help at all... Sorry for your luck but you did get 14 years out of it, time for a new one lol.
I refuse to stop there... the refrigerator works great on shore power.
Did not think of RV junkyard Thank you for this suggestion.
Now time to find one in central florida. 8)~

Tags
dometic, refrigerator