Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #1

dometic refrigerator questions

1. who knows where i can order the simple plastic flat door clips / piece that clips on on body of refrig and door and secures door in slightly open position for defrost after camping. I bought some big white plastic pieces from but they dont secure anything, might as well leave the door all the way open. i think the flat ones may have come with the dometic refrigerator but i was wondering if anyone knows anyone that sells them, having been able to find online yet.

2. our dometic refrig wouldnt work with propane, it works with electric but when trying with propane the check light comes on. got any ideas. i still have to check the burner tube for debris, but i covered external holes over winter so i dont expect any blockage

thanks
Old 05-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
CampeRooo

1) There's a couple of items that I found...the first one is called No Mold (Reference only) - http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index....OD&ProdID=1485

The second one is a rod with suction cups - (reference only) http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index....OD&ProdID=1487

I usually just throw a hand towel or cotton shop towel over the top of the door and it works fine as long as the door doesn't swing open on it's own.

2) Does the check light come on after trying it a few times? Mine did that a couple of times last year and my manual told me to just turn it off and then back on again. Sometimes it took 3 times to get it lit if there was any air in the lines. I guess it primes itself after a few on and off cycles. Just a thought since yours sounds fairly new.

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #3

thanks

the first one i have, it works ok if you arent travelling, probably as good as the towel approach you suggested. the second may work while travelling , i may try it.

i did try the reignite several times without success, not a new rv , it is a 2000. i may try some more the next time i go , not a big deal since campgrounds we visit have electric

thank you for your response

have a nice and safe camping season
Old 05-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #4

After turning on my gas tank valve, I verify gas IS there by BRIEFLY turning on one of the gas stove burners. THEN when gas IS present, turn fridge on in gas mode, and it'll usually fire right up after 3 or 4 clicks. Just a thought! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Did you have the recall work done?
If so is it possible they turned your valve off and now it's hard to see? I can barely get my hand in there now to turn on the gas valve. Also check all of your terminal connections to be sure there's no corrosion.
As for the door clips I believe what you are looking for actually came from Dometic. They fit behind the door latch and then clip into the frame of the refrigerator. They are called AIRING POSITION CARDS Part # 3850781-01, I wasn't able to find them on-line.

You can contact Dometic Service Office at 574-294-2511 or Service Center Assistance at 800-544-4881

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #6

Wildwood- the "simple flat door clips" that you are looking for are called "airing position cards," Dometic part no: 3850781-01. Here is some information that may assist you in getting a couple of these: Dometic Service Center Assistance, Elkhart, IN (1-800-544-4881) or their USA Service Office in Elkhart (574-294-2511). Also try Dometic's website: www.dometicusa.com. When ordering the "airing position cards" you'll also need the model number and serial number of your unit handy. Hope this information is helpful.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #7

thanks everyone, i appreciate you and your help. have a safe season of camping
Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #8

one other thing to check may be your battery is bad and its not getting the spark to light on propane
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #9

Thanks all

A couple updates

I called dometic and they said dont supply the flat piece anymore so i am not sure where to ask next

i also run stove burners to purge out air and have tried relighting several time without success, still says check when on propane. this is in a 2000 trailer. we have been using on electric though.

thanks for you input
Old 07-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #10

Thumbs up Dometic Refrigerator Door Clip Airing Card

If anyone comes to this thread from searching for the Dometic Refrigerator clips that hold the doors open. I finally found them on this website Dometic Refrigerator Door Prop For Airing 33129864
campingcajuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #11

Not to sound silly, but make sure your camper is level to run the fridge on gas. If our camper is not level, the fridge *will* work on electric but *will not* work on gas.

Also, I had problems with our fridge and had the cover off on the outside of the RV. Tried and tried and the fridge would not light (on gas). I replaced the cover and the fridge lit on the next try.
MikeInColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #12

i have heard of the orifice getting plugged. may try pulling it and see if that is the problem.

on the door, i close it gently until it rest against the latch. the door is open enough to air out and closed enough to shut off the frig light.

judging by how far back this was posted, did u actually determine what the problem was why it wouldn't light?
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote