Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2020, 09:09 PM   #21

Dometic control boards, [L] refer #1, [R] refer #2

-I finally found the blowen 15A fuse on refrigerator #1 & now have 12V supply @ the white DC power block.
-Checking the AC 5A fuse on control board there is 120V on both sides of fuse.
-Checking the AC 3A fuse on control board there is no 120V on both sides of fuse.
-Both control boards are OEM Dometic P/N 385 07 1201, only difference between refrigerators is #2 has ice maker.
-Electric connections to control boards are identically connected.
-I appreciate the input already received, please any suggestions on next step[s] in diagnosing problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1363.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	225880   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1361.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	225881  
kleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:45 PM   #22

Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleg View Post
-I finally found the blowen 15A fuse on refrigerator #1 & now have 12V supply @ the white DC power block.
-Checking the AC 5A fuse on control board there is 120V on both sides of fuse.
-Checking the AC 3A fuse on control board there is no 120V on both sides of fuse.
-Both control boards are OEM Dometic P/N 385 07 1201, only difference between refrigerators is #2 has ice maker.
-Electric connections to control boards are identically connected.
-I appreciate the input already received, please any suggestions on next step[s] in diagnosing problem.
So where does AC come into the boards? It looks like the black and white connections at the bottom right of the board, correct? With the right-angle Fast-on connectors? Those two black-white cables should come together nearby, probably in a junction box, most likely on the underside of the trailer directly below these boards.

You are going to have to lie on your back underneath the trailer and find that box. My guess is that you will find open the box and find that one of the black wires has fallen out of the "wire-nut" because it was put together poorly.

Be sure you have the 120v circuit breaker turned off before you open the box.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:27 PM   #23

First remove each glass fuse and check it for continuity with a multimeter set on OHMS.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
So where does AC come into the boards? It looks like the black and white connections at the bottom right of the board, correct? With the right-angle Fast-on connectors? Those two black-white cables should come together nearby, probably in a junction box, most likely on the underside of the trailer directly below these boards.

You are going to have to lie on your back underneath the trailer and find that box. My guess is that you will find open the box and find that one of the black wires has fallen out of the "wire-nut" because it was put together poorly.

Be sure you have the 120v circuit breaker turned off before you open the box.
Not going to be under the trailer. All wiring is in the wall, ceilings or thru the cabinets. The joint you are referring to is under the fridges and or the oven.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, power