Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2017, 09:48 AM   #1

dometic RM1350 with ice maker

So just got an email from Dometic about our fridge and the ice maker. I asked what happens to the water when the A/C is off in the ice maker. The response was it sits there. So then if you forget to soak it up it will start to mold. Anybody else see this as a problem?
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:14 AM   #2

Don't think it will mould. The water will eventually dissipate. I just wait for the thaw when putting into storage and soak up the ice molds with paper towel. I have forgotten a couple times and always run a couple ice making cycles through and throw out cubes before keeping. Never have seen any mould either way. I always leave the doors ajar in storage mode.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkaty View Post
So just got an email from Dometic about our fridge and the ice maker. I asked what happens to the water when the A/C is off in the ice maker. The response was it sits there. So then if you forget to soak it up it will start to mold. Anybody else see this as a problem?

It's easy to locate the solenoid behind the fridge outdoor access louvered door. Simply disconnect the two 1/4" tubing connections on the top of the solenoid manifold, one leads to ice maker on door the second water on door. Both should be drained water gets foul.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
It's easy to locate the solenoid behind the fridge outdoor access louvered door. Simply disconnect the two 1/4" tubing connections on the top of the solenoid manifold, one leads to ice maker on door the second water on door. Both should be drained water gets foul.
I only have the ice maker inside of the freezer. I did think about that and maybe putting in a separate valve to drain it.
thanks
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
What do you about your cold water reservoir (bottle) inside the fridge?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
What do you about your cold water reservoir (bottle) inside the fridge?

Mine drained with the tubing, if not the same disconnect inside with a catch all. If you don't it's about a pint of very stale water. My findings were it was useless anyway if I still had it, it would be gone.
Op states he has ice only.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:39 PM   #7

Ice maker in 1350

Had some repair on my 1350 and noblongwr able to make ice. Any suggestions?
Slinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinks View Post
Had some repair on my 1350 and noblongwr able to make ice. Any suggestions?

Sure, there's a water supply pop it valve outside fridge compartment furnishes water to IC maker and drinking water, trick is the control solenoid for the ice maker and mechanism is run by 117 VAC, whereas the water on the door is a 12VDC supply. Believe you must have all three water, and two power supplies to make ice. BTW the AC is supplied via a household plug also located in the outside reefer compartment . Maybe this will help for starters.

Tags
dometic