Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Just as confused as you

Dometic RM2310 Refrigerator not cooling.

The refrigerator is a Dometic RM 2310 and operates on 120vac and LP. I removed the fridge and cleaned the bugs and crap from the back and underneath. Cleaned the burner tube, flue, and orifice. The AC heating element gets hot and the LP has a nice blue flame.

The problem is when I turn it on I can hear the ammonia coolant gurgle and the freeze compartment starts getting cool to the touch in 15 to 20 minutes. After 1 to 1-1/2 hours the freezer is still the same, just cool to the touch. After 2 to 2-1/2 hours the freezer starts warming up. After 3 hours the inside of the freezer is warmer than the ambient air temperature. All this time I can still hear the coolant gurgling.

There wasn't any yellow powder at the back on the floor or any metal part of the fridge. But when I removed the shroud around the heating elements and flue there is dark rust on the bottom half of vertical tube holding the electric element. The gas flue also has the dark rust on the bottom 2 to 2-1/2 inches.

I am wondering would it do any good if I turn the fridge upside down for a while. I have already checked on a reconditioned cooling unit ($515) from https://rvcoolingunit.com/RM2310-Dom...it-P10880.aspx but don't want to spend a lot of money on a 1992 popup worth less than $1000. Is the fridge junk. What do you more knowledgeable members think?
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, dometic, refrigerator