Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2021, 12:28 AM   #1

Dometic RM2652 replacement board issue

I have a Dometic RM2652 with controller board 385-0415-01. I would get the error light almost immediately on propane or on 120V. took it in to a repair shop and the tech did a quick review and indicated the board was bad. Unfortunately, they had no replacement stock. I didn't want to wait, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon and was shipped what I am told is a more modern version 3316348-900. Fairly straightforward to hook it up. A few differences. It has the igniter relay right on the board, so I hooker igniter to it. It does not appear to have a place to connect my (what I assume to be) thermocouple flame sensor. This device has black and grey wires that go to a metal device right by where the ignitor would create a flame once lit. One side is a ground that could be tied to battery ground, but I am not sure where to hook up the other connector with this new board. The new board works correctly on 120V, and it tries to ignite on propane but it never stops trying to ignite. I assume that is because the flame sensor is not connected. Any advice is appreciated.
mervincm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:44 PM   #2

Any ideas on this one? (shameless bump, but 3 months so hopefully acceptable)
mervincm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:38 PM   #3

I put a Dinosaur board in my RM 1272 - works great. It sounds to me like maybe you have the wrong board. I think the RM 2652 uses the same board. ( Micro P-711 - depending on serial number of fridge)

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervincm View Post
Any ideas on this one? (shameless bump, but 3 months so hopefully acceptable)
Another vote for Dinosaur Electronics board replacement. They make great replacement boards for fridge, water heater, etc. Sorry I don't know anything about the board you bought.

By the way, you can buy direct from them, though you can get some of their boards from Amazon.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:45 AM   #5
54 Years, 13 RV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
Another vote for Dinosaur Electronics board replacement. They make great replacement boards for fridge, water heater, etc. Sorry I don't know anything about the board you bought.

By the way, you can buy direct from them, though you can get some of their boards from Amazon.
And you can talk to them and make sure that you are getting the right board for your fridge.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:46 AM   #6
54 Years, 13 RV's

Brought several boards from them for different RVs. All worked 100%.

Tags
dometic, replacement