Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #1

Dometic Thermostat Again

I have a 2020 3399SE LaCrosse with a black 3 button one zone thermostat. The left side has a button with "mode" written on it and the right side has an up and down button to control the temperature on the right side.

Its the super soft touch type that has the three pieces of foam on the inside of the unit and it appears these type of Tstats have fallen out of favor with FR users. I've rotated the foam. I've tried resetting the thermostat by holding down the "mode" button and the "up" button simultaneously.

My problem with it is when on auto cool the unit will cool very well until it turns off and then it won't cycle back on to cool again when the temperature of the coach warms back up. However, if you put it on "high" or "low" cool with the fan running constantly the compressor will kick on and off appropriately and keep the coach cool.

I'm thinking I just need to try a new Tstat but looking for suggestions and thanks in advance for any replies.

Tags
dometic, thermostat