Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #1

"Drive" media center having issues

Not sure of a model number, but we recently started having issues with the "Drive" media center in our Wildwood. I would have posted a pic, but it is 2 hours away right now.

The first issue noticed was that the sound when playing a DVD (in the unit) was crackling. It seemed to get worse until now where the only sound coming out is static. Sound in all other modes seems to work fine. Tried reset with no change.

Twice this past weekend the unit froze and required reset. Once while connected to Bluetooth it repeated a single tone until reset even after cycling through the modes.

I purchased an iRV31 unit last night on an auction website in case I need to replace the unit entirely.

Anyone know of a fix for the current unit, or have experience swapping them?

I did notice that the screw heads on the current unit are "tamper-proof" with a triangular tool needed.

Also, I don't believe that we have a subwoofer hooked up now, but I would like to install one. Any advice on where to get one and how to run the wiring?

2017 Wildwood 261BHXL

2021 Ford F-150 XLT
kpipe is offline   Reply With Quote