Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 02:22 PM   #1

Driven Backup Camera

Hello,
Any one having luck with the Driven wireless backup camera? I have a 2021 Artic Wolf 3660 that came with the Driven camera but I am having a time getting it to pair with the monitor. This RV is 43' 3 but I would think it would still work or Forest River shouldn't have choose this camera for this model.

At first I didn't realize running lights had to be on but figured that out.

Then I went to where I store the RV to try again and it paired fine!

A couple of weeks later, time to bring it back home to prep for first trip and it wouldn't pair [emoji35]. I had tried about 10 times unplugging monitor and pressing monitor's pair button.

After I had backed into my driveway, tried to pair and it worked fine[emoji849]

Now it was time to leave for first trip and it won't pair! Gave up after about 10 times again.

If others are not having issues then I might get it replaced. If others are, then I might try extending the antenna.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #2

I have that monitor and camera have not installed it yet but if I have problems with it pairing I’ll let you know
DaveDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:18 PM   #3

I have an update, either mine is defective or this camera/monitor is horrible! I tried pairing again before leaving camp and gave up. I even plugged the camera into a portable battery pack and was wright under the camera, still no pairing. I put it in the truck not expecting it to work but a few minutes into the drive I saw an image! However the image would not change but every few minutes. My drive was only about 30 minutes and it would either have no image with a red X or a stuck image every few minutes. I thought it could be related to driving at highway speed but when I got home I found out it doesn't work well parked either. I'm parked on my street and see my mailbox on the monitor but never saw my wife walking behind it, good thing I don't trust this camera. 10-15 minutes later after I have backed up in my driveway and parked I'm still seeing the street and mailbox on the monitor

I'm taking it back to the dealer in a couple of weeks for new RV minor issues and will have them replace it.
kent0sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:01 PM   #4

Driven drwc4.3m pairing issue

I have a 2021 Cherokee with the Driven backup camera and am experiencing the same issues. I contacted FR, but never received a response. I also contacted Driven and, after a 2.5 week wait, finally received a response. When I explained the problem, they sent me a new camera/monitor set, which I took to the dealer to have installed. They got it to pair in the shop but, when I went to pick it up today and connected it to the truck (2018 F150), it wouldn't pair.
I have also had the issues of it coming on randomly and the video feed freezing for extended periods. My opinion: The Driven backup camera system is junk and FR needs to make this right. The dealer is stumped and said today that they are going to "do some research" and let me know when they're ready to work on it again. In the mean time, the backup camera system is worse than worthless. What do you say FR? Is this the best you can do?
Perry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:14 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry S View Post
What do you say FR? Is this the best you can do?
Are you thinking that someone from FR will read this because the Forum has no affiliation with Forest River.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #6

Driven Backup Camera

Hi everyone - I am experiencing the exact same issue. I have tried everything that I can think of including tightening the antenna. If anyone finds a solution would greatly appreciate sharing it!
mbike254life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #7

Back-up camera pairing issue

I've had the exact same issues as well, even tried contact grease to help the connection between the camera base and the antenna. When I moved the screen outside of the truck my signal improved. I think it is because the FR mounted the camera below the running lights and the antenna doesn't reach above the roof. Does anyone know of an antenna booster or some kind of extension that could be placed on the roof?
Maineblackbear02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineblackbear02 View Post
I've had the exact same issues as well, even tried contact grease to help the connection between the camera base and the antenna. When I moved the screen outside of the truck my signal improved. I think it is because the FR mounted the camera below the running lights and the antenna doesn't reach above the roof. Does anyone know of an antenna booster or some kind of extension that could be placed on the roof?

I looked into that and almost bought one on Amazon, but decided based on everyone else’s feedback, that it was best to just get it replaced from the dealer/warranty. Currently, my dealer said that they are seeing driven send out replacements, although it takes about 30-45 days.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #9

Driven drwc4.3m pairing issue

After waiting 2.5 weeks for a response from DRIVEN, they did send out a replacement camera/monitor set, but it doesn't work any better than the original. :-(
Perry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #10

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue. I just picked mine up from the dealer while I'm waiting on parts for minor new RV issues with the camera being one of those issues. Of course the dealer said the camera worked fine but when I left I couldn't get it to work which is no surprise. Since I have to go back anyway when other parts come in I will fight with them again on the camera. However, it sounds like Driven cameras are junk and a new one would do the same.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDe View Post
I have that monitor and camera have not installed it yet but if I have problems with it pairing I’ll let you know
UPDATE: I cannot get the Driven back up camera to pair, with trailer harness hooked up in reverse and running light and or headlights on. Really disappointing.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #12

I had the monitor 4 feet from the camera. I hooked it up to a 12 volt source and had my wife put the vehicle in reverse with headlights on. Did the same thing as in the truck shows boundary lines and a full signal than goes blank, pushed buttons on back does the same thing over and over. Junk. USB charging ports don’t even work right.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:02 PM   #13

I have the camera from FR on my Alpha Wolf, but it did not come with a Monitor, am I supposed to use my phone to pair it?
FLiPisHoLLyWooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #14
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent0sc View Post
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue. I just picked mine up from the dealer while I'm waiting on parts for minor new RV issues with the camera being one of those issues. Of course the dealer said the camera worked fine but when I left I couldn't get it to work which is no surprise. Since I have to go back anyway when other parts come in I will fight with them again on the camera. However, it sounds like Driven cameras are junk and a new one would do the same.
Yes, they are junk. I get a still image on my screen about every 5 minutes.
Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:50 PM   #15

Yeah. Driven backup camera is total garbage.
2021 Cherokee Greywolf 23MK
Equalizer 1,000lb WDH
Guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:36 PM   #16

I called tech support last night about my camera basically not getting signal when it is mounted inside my vehicle. They emailed me back the following:
"There many contributing factors that could affect signal loss with wireless cameras.
Many times, the metal roofs on the RV trailers are made of a reflective sheet metal that causes the signal to defect.
A signal booster could help but is not guaranteed due to the length and materials found on some trailer’s roofs.
Sometimes adding an antenna extension and relocating the antenna further closer to the front of the RV can also help.
We don’t offer a signal booster under the DRIVEN brand , but there are a few of these signal boosters available on amazon.
You can search the title below on Amazon.
Haloview TX-B2 2.4G Signal Booster for MC7108 MC5111
Sometimes adding an antenna extension and relocating the antenna further closer to the front of the RV can also help.
https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Exten...s%2C171&sr=8-4
I hope you consider these suggestions."
I replied back telling them that this camera came factory installed on my Cherokee Grey Wolf 22MKSE which is not a large camper and only has a wooden roof with a rubber membrane on top of it. I'm towing it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which puts the monitor less than 40 feet away from the camera. In my opinion if the system requires an external antenna or a booster, then it isn't the correct device for the installation.
The fix that I'm going to attempt is by taking a piece of left over piece of garage door sensor wire (20AWG solid wire) that is about 8inches long and insert into the shrink tubing that is barely poking out of a small hole in the back of the monitor that is for it's antenna to attempt to boost the monitors range. So far, with the TT and tow rig sitting still, it now is showing 3 bars of signal.
I'll find out it works while the rig is in motion when we go camping again the first weekend in June.
KevinN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinN View Post
I called tech support last night about my camera basically not getting signal when it is mounted inside my vehicle. They emailed me back the following:
"There many contributing factors that could affect signal loss with wireless cameras.
Many times, the metal roofs on the RV trailers are made of a reflective sheet metal that causes the signal to defect.
A signal booster could help but is not guaranteed due to the length and materials found on some trailer’s roofs.
We don’t offer a signal booster under the DRIVEN brand , but there are a few of these signal boosters available on amazon.
You can search the title below on Amazon.
Haloview TX-B2 2.4G Signal Booster for MC7108 MC5111
https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Exten...s%2C171&sr=8-4
I hope you consider these suggestions."
I replied back telling them that this camera came factory installed on my Cherokee Grey Wolf 22MKSE which is not a large camper and only has a wooden roof with a rubber membrane on top of it. I'm towing it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which puts the monitor less than 40 feet away from the camera. In my opinion if the system requires an external antenna or a booster, then it isn't the correct device for the installation.
The fix that I'm going to attempt is by taking a piece of left over piece of garage door sensor wire (20AWG solid wire) that is about 8inches long and insert into the shrink tubing that is barely poking out of a small hole in the back of the monitor that is for it's antenna to attempt to boost the monitors range. So far, with the TT and tow rig sitting still, it now is showing 3 bars of signal.
I'll find out it works while the rig is in motion when we go camping again the first weekend in June.

Really curious if this works!
Old 05-30-2021, 05:34 AM   #18

i just bought the 2021 grey wolf 22MKSE and that driven camera didnt work, of course the dealer sent a warranty request before i left with the camper
dman374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:38 PM   #19

I decided to purchase the antenna extension to see if that will help. I will let everyone know. Supposedly my dealer has a warranty claim in and Driven is going to send me a new one, but could take 4-6 weeks.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:09 PM   #20

. Driven backup camera is total garbage!:
No one will help .No call back No email back . What is going on ? Poor customer service. Some information would be a big help.
Bigbuddy1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera