Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #1

DRIVEN factory install backup camera

We have a 2021 Arctic Wolf RV. It came with the DRIVIN DRWC4.3M camera already installed.

The 1st problem was the dealership failed to give us the monitor? After many calls to all companies involved we finally tracked it down at the Dealership!!

2nd problem is the directions really stink. Says see monitor picture below for examples of what each button will do. Picture only shows back of monitor? Next we tried ‘Pairing’ it with camera (mounted on top of back of RV) and it will not pair??? Tried over 6 times.

Any advice??
Thanks
Yooper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:24 PM   #2

Honestly, ours came with it, haven't touched it yet. Says it's only good under 5 mph unlike the furrion. Need to go and check it out, and check for level, I swear the dealer installed it crooked. I can let you know what I find after I check it out
Vontriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #3

Thanks! I’ve also sent an email to Driven but no answer yet. If you have the same kind you’ll find the included instructions are really bad. Useless even.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:38 PM   #4

Yeah. I was pretty bummed when I found out it wasn't the furrion. Dealer was quite alright letting me think that until purchase. Like I said, it looks like I need to level it too, it's high on the right sideClick image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210416_020233307.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	252113
Old 04-16-2021, 07:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vontriple View Post
Yeah. I was pretty bummed when I found out it wasn't the furrion. Dealer was quite alright letting me think that until purchase. Like I said, it looks like I need to level it too, it's high on the right sideAttachment 252113
Ours is in the same place. Still no reply from the Direct?? Maybe I’ll have to call.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:09 PM   #6

No, and no call from the dealer either. Figures I suppose seeing as they still owe us a hose, toilet paper holster and body trim work.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:48 PM   #7

Our First night in our 3880 43’ Suite Arctic Wolf after showing the entire campground what it was like inside (had all the lights on because that’s how CW sent us to the campground 1 block away!) we went in (we’re both in our mid 70’s) and decided to set up our coffee pot! *spark* and now all those lights are flashing! Refrigerator stopped working and no fireplace ♨️!!! Panel meter shows battery is NOT charged??? Tired went to bed early... only to wake up at 2:00 am with interior temp 52degrees! Next morning Called CW who came to us immediately. Spent 2 days on site then said they had to take it in... wrote we plugged it in with BAD surge protector! We threw the $250 surge protector out!!! 2 days later CW called said good to go! Set it back up on lot, still no ♨️ And battery meter reads low again. No heat again. Borrowed neighbors ex battery and battery charger. Called CW this time (Dec 16th?2020) we’re told no appt until January 19 2021??? Hubby and neighbor worked on it all day finally got the battery working! Moved to our permanent campground for winter Jan 1, 2021! Had it happen 2 more times! Called traveling CW tech... twice! Forest River said not their problem cause it was caused by our ‘bad’ surge protector! So we paid for appointment rate and new Converter cause that one was bad! Two weeks later paid for new fireplace and installation!!! Two weeks later Biloxi MS had very light rain (1/4” in 3 hours) hubby outside and the 20’ awning fell barely missing him!!! Thank goodness for insurance!!! We love the layout of the RV... but both of us jump when we hear a weird sound or movement!!! Sorry... 1st time to vent
Old 04-20-2021, 04:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper13 View Post
Our First night in our 3880 43’ Suite Arctic Wolf after showing the entire campground what it was like inside (had all the lights on because that’s how CW sent us to the campground 1 block away!) we went in (we’re both in our mid 70’s) and decided to set up our coffee pot! *spark* and now all those lights are flashing! Refrigerator stopped working and no fireplace !!! Panel meter shows battery is NOT charged??? Tired went to bed early... only to wake up at 2:00 am with interior temp 52degrees! Next morning Called CW who came to us immediately. Spent 2 days on site then said they had to take it in... wrote we plugged it in with BAD surge protector! We threw the $250 surge protector out!!! 2 days later CW called said good to go! Set it back up on lot, still no And battery meter reads low again. No heat again. Borrowed neighbors ex battery and battery charger. Called CW this time (Dec 16th?2020) we’re told no appt until January 19 2021??? Hubby and neighbor worked on it all day finally got the battery working! Moved to our permanent campground for winter Jan 1, 2021! Had it happen 2 more times! Called traveling CW tech... twice! Forest River said not their problem cause it was caused by our ‘bad’ surge protector! So we paid for appointment rate and new Converter cause that one was bad! Two weeks later paid for new fireplace and installation!!! Two weeks later Biloxi MS had very light rain (1/4” in 3 hours) hubby outside and the 20’ awning fell barely missing him!!! Thank goodness for insurance!!! We love the layout of the RV... but both of us jump when we hear a weird sound or movement!!! Sorry... 1st time to vent
Jesus! I'd contact forest river if you're already changing out fireplaces converters and everything else. You're well within warranty period
Old 04-21-2021, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vontriple View Post
Jesus! I'd contact forest river if you're already changing out fireplaces converters and everything else. You're well within warranty period
Yes, they told Camping World they were NOT Responsible because we used bad surge protector? We’re so disappointed in Forest River... who is owned by Warren Buffet! He owns all the different brands by Forest River!!! LOL. Just search Forest River owned by Warren Buffet!
Old 04-21-2021, 12:02 PM   #10

BTW we did get a reply from Driven, and instructions. Hubby and neighbors worked on it but still didn’t work. Replied say it still didn’t work and now they’re send a new one!
Old 04-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #11

It only works when you have TT lights on. No lights no power to camera.
mareks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper13 View Post
Yes, they told Camping World they were NOT Responsible because we used bad surge protector? !
Just who told you that the surge protector was bad? It's too bad you threw it away because you could have returned it to the manufacturer for testing.
I could be wrong, but a surge protector protects your rig from a surge at the post. Circuit breakers and fuses should have protected the rig from a surge within the rig. Sounds like something within the rig wasn't working correctly and you should be protected by a Forest River Warranty.
You do realize that something in the rig could have caused the surge protector to fail.
Did you contact Forest River directly or are you relying on what CW told you?
Old 04-23-2021, 05:30 AM   #13

Have CW produce the written report by their staff Electrical Engineer detailing the failure mode of the supposedly defective surge protector.

I bet they can’t.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareks4 View Post
It only works when you have TT lights on. No lights no power to camera.
Yes! Ours will only work when the truck lights are turned on.
Kyla26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, factory