Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #1

Duo Therm/Dometic A/C

Hello all. I recently went camping for a week here in Florida, and my AC and my heater, Concertone radio system, and my auto- striker for gas on refrrig. and I think also my WFCO converter cooling fan-(never heard it run, but it was charging the battery) ALL did not work for our week long camping trip. I did some research, and called some tech folks and they said it was more than likely the AC control circuit board that was bad. I tested the thermostat, and changed it back to the original to try that, and still had the same results.
I picked up a new circuit board off of e bay for 62.00, and installed it after turning off the power and disconnecting the battery. Now EVERYTHING works again.......BUT it surprised me that all of that stuff was controlled by or at least went through that circuit board. I guess all or at least most 12 volt powered appliances go through the circuit. Baffling, to me, but it all works, saving a trip to the repair shop! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Baffling, to me, but it all works, saving a trip to the repair shop! Randy
Me too; but you can't argue with success...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #3

Anybody else ever heard of that stuff being tied in to that circuit board? I figured the heater would be, but not the radio or other stuff. Randy
Old 07-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
No longer active

Did you replace the control board for the A/C furnace or a control board for the power converter/fuse panel ? I recently ( must have) had a power surge in the seasonal marina I'm in and the control board for the a/c & furnace went out. As well as my porch lightbulb and security lightbulb. Time to buy a surge protector for the trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Anybody else ever heard of that stuff being tied in to that circuit board? I figured the heater would be, but not the radio or other stuff. Randy
Kb39il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #5

Hi Kb39il, I replaced the AC and heater circuit board under the filter in a metal box on the ceiling of the AC unit. It has plug in's for all of the wires, and the hardest thing was getting the box out of there and opened up. It was also tied in to the Concertone radio power, and the auto striker for gas refrigerator operation, and the heater, and I think the converter cooling fan, as well. It all seems to work now! Baffling to me. Randy