Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 06:09 AM   #1

Ebay Shyster

I want to warn you about an ebay seller that has a lot of RV stereo equipment for sale, for low prices. If you don't have time to read my long rant, just know this: don't do business with Ebay seller d4n132013!

My sad, cautionary tale goes like this:

My stereo went bad a while back, and I've been looking for an inexpensive, but good replacement. Finally decided on the Magnadyne RV5090. Found this on ebay:

Magnadyne RV5090 Linear Series in Wall RV Am FM CD Receiver w Bluetooth RV 5090 | eBay

The first red flag was the "no hardest (sic) cables included", but I decided to throw an offer of $60 to see if he accepts, and he does. I ordered the $20 cables from Magnadyne, and the item comes within a week. All is well, so I thought. The new unit is slightly larger than the old one, so I cut the hole larger, and install. Unit fires up, plays CDs, DVDs, but that's all. No AM/FM, no bluetooth, no aux in, nada. I send a message that the unit is broken, and he says to send it back, he'll send another. I ask if he'll cross-ship, and he says sure.

I mail out the broken unit, and wait a week for the replacement. Doesn't come. I message again - hey, where's my replacement? He says, I haven't received your return yet. WHAT? You said you'd cross ship? Ignored. He asks what address did you return it to? I send it, and he says, oh, you forgot the apartment #. Well, that was not on the return label! He says he'll go check with the post office and see if he can find it. I make the error of losing the tracking receipt. Argh.

A few days go by, and no response. I message again - any news? He says no, did it come back to you? No. He says, alright, it's lost, no big deal, I'll send another. Finally, doing the right thing. Meanwhile, we go camping over Easter, with no radio - just a big hole in the cabinet where it should be. I try not to look at it. I wait a week, and, you guessed it, no RV5090. I email again - haven't seen the stereo yet. He responds, no lie, " I haven't received your return yet!" At this point, I can no longer stand the stupidity, and I respond back that you've promised to ship twice, and haven't. Forget it, just refund my money and we're done. No response.

I've asked for a refund twice, and get silence, so I'm going to have to pursue resolution through Ebay, though without a tracking receipt, it's my word vs. his, and I might be out of luck, although the message trail does show his extreme idiocy. We'll see.

Long story short, do not do business with Ebay seller d4n132013. Learn from my mistake!
2014 Chevy Express 3500
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 AM   #2
Toy-aholic

I ALWAYS look at seller's feedback before I order.....that sux!
Old 04-12-2015, 06:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
I ALWAYS look at seller's feedback before I order.....that sux!
Yep - kicking myself on that one. It's funny, but 95% positive is not a very clear picture! A negative should count much more than a positive in the Ebay ratings...
2014 Chevy Express 3500
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #4

I buy a lot on Ebay and have had problems before but Ebay has an excellent resolution department and if that doesn't work I can always go to PayPal as that's the only way I'll do business on Ebay.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:42 AM   #5

Yes PayPal is the only way to go and if you return an item always get a receipt for postage. EBay should make it right for you but no proofOf return could be an issue. Let us know how this turns out for you.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #6

Thanks for the heads up. Crooks like this need to be run off ebay.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:06 AM   #7

He got your item back and sold it again most likely.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote