Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #1

Electrical issues FR3 30 DS

Good morning:
We just had a water line in the kitchen sink area blow out. Needless to say, it's not easy getting back there. We also lost power to the TV directly above the sink and the outside TV (which FR placed right below the sink) dumb move on their part. Checked all the Circuit breakers and fuses....waiting for RV tech to come as hubby is older and can't physically fix this. What else could have happened to the wiring? Yes I know, it got wet, but other than placing a fan under the sink and hoping for luck, what can I do? MH still under warranty but not sure if this will be covered....Any help, tips will be appreciated.
Thank you
RDANGER
RDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDANGER View Post
Good morning:
We just had a water line in the kitchen sink area blow out. Needless to say, it's not easy getting back there. We also lost power to the TV directly above the sink and the outside TV (which FR placed right below the sink) dumb move on their part. Checked all the Circuit breakers and fuses....waiting for RV tech to come as hubby is older and can't physically fix this. What else could have happened to the wiring? Yes I know, it got wet, but other than placing a fan under the sink and hoping for luck, what can I do? MH still under warranty but not sure if this will be covered....Any help, tips will be appreciated.
Thank you
RDANGER
you have tripped a GFI outlet. They protect any outlet within 6' of a water source. that is why your outdoor tv is out. look in all outside compartments. You progably have 2. one is in the bathroom. The one with test and rest buttons on it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:37 PM   #3

Thank you. I can only locate. One GFR switch and it’s in the bathroom. Can’t locate any others. Still no power!
RDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #4

In my 2015, there is a gfi outlet mounted in the outside storage area to the lower left of the outside tv.
Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyz View Post
In my 2015, there is a gfi outlet mounted in the outside storage area to the lower left of the outside tv.
Same as our 2017, actually kind of up in the corner but yep definitely gfi.

Tags
electric, electrical, fr3