Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2022, 05:15 PM   #1

Everchill 12v Fridge Flashing Temperature Light

Hopefully this post will help someone in need that may run into this. Since day one of buying our 22 Salem FSX, the fridge has had this issue. Until today that is. The temperature light on the fridge would start blinking after running for a while and wouldn’t stop unless I reset the fridge. The fridge also would not get very cold. I found a few other post on this and everything said that it was a power issue. That is incorrect. The “SET” light will flash if there is a power issue. I finally emailed Forest River and was provided with the information below. So I finally had an answer on what is causing the light to flash. A single flashing temperature light means the fridge couldn’t get down to the setpoint after 6 hours of running. So them I started investigating why it wasn’t getting cold. I took the back panel off inside the freezer and that is when it hit me. All this time and I have had the freezer knob set to coldest or almost all the way there. This is the issue. With the setting on coldest, it completely shuts the damper to the fridge. I felt kinda dumb when I noticed this. So now I have the temperature set on 3 in the fridge and have the knob turned between cold and halfway and it has now been running for over 25 hours with it 95 degrees outside and has maintained 32 in the fridge and 2 in the freezer with no flashing light. This whole time it was me thinking I needed the freezer in the coldest setting too. The attached pdf also shows all the other possible light configurations and what they mean. Hope this helps someone.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BCD280WEV804F Lights.pdf (231.3 KB, 3956 views)
ThE_gHoSt_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 05:44 PM   #2

This is great information, thanks.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:44 PM   #3

I was having the same problem it was drive me crazy
Thank you
Bonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:01 PM   #4

there has been a few threads that the settings have been mention, such as (Everchill Freezer setting)

The knob in the freezer is a 'blend knob', controlling how much cold air in the Freezer is directed (flows) to the refrig area. If set to the Coldest (fully Clockwise), very little cold air is directed to the refrig area, so I could see how the refrig area would struggle getting cold and eventually triggering the time out flashing error code. I wouldn't doubt that some Dealer techs doing the customer walk thrus set the Freeze knob fully clockwise thinking it will get colder faster, but never reset it back to its normal setting. Then the new owner ends up with what seems to be an issue with the refrig cooling.

With my temp set at 3 (in refrig) and the Blend knob set to about 1 o'clock, my freezer runs around 0 degrees and the refrig area 36-38 degrees.

Thank you for posting the Everchill blinking light error code descriptions. Good information.
-Russ
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrimm View Post
there has been a few threads that the settings have been mention, such as (Everchill Freezer setting)

The knob in the freezer is a 'blend knob', controlling how much cold air in the Freezer is directed (flows) to the refrig area. If set to the Coldest (fully Clockwise), very little cold air is directed to the refrig area, so I could see how the refrig area would struggle getting cold and eventually triggering the time out flashing error code. I wouldn't doubt that some Dealer techs doing the customer walk thrus set the Freeze knob fully clockwise thinking it will get colder faster, but never reset it back to its normal setting. Then the new owner ends up with what seems to be an issue with the refrig cooling.

With my temp set at 3 (in refrig) and the Blend knob set to about 1 o'clock, my freezer runs around 0 degrees and the refrig area 36-38 degrees.

Thank you for posting the Everchill blinking light error code descriptions. Good information.
-Russ
You are absolutely correct. The walkthrough had the knob set to coldest and I assumed that is where it was supposed to be. Even turning it down slightly didn’t seam to help. So after many late nights after work searching the forums, 2 calls to the dealer to ask about the blinking light (they told me it was the control board and I would have to make a repair request to get it fixed), and a phone call to Way Global (the manufacturer/distributor) I finally got fed up and emailed Forest River directly. Once I received the blinking light diagnostic diagram is when I noticed what the knob actually did. Felt really dumb for not figuring that out sooner. And I agree the diagnostic sheet is a huge help as I had not seen that on any forum as of yet so kudos to Forest River for coming through on that.
ThE_gHoSt_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:42 AM   #6

This video might also help some...doing research on replacing fridge w 12v Common/Evershill but seeing posts of cooling failures...can reset electronics here

Deek Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, fridge, temperature, 12v