Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2022, 08:24 AM   #1

Everchill fridge not cooling

My RV has an Everchill refrigerator, its about 1 year old but now the freezer is working fine but the fridge is not cooling. Any troubleshooting ideas? Thank you in advance.
Kate39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 08:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate39 View Post
My RV has an Everchill refrigerator, its about 1 year old but now the freezer is working fine but the fridge is not cooling. Any troubleshooting ideas? Thank you in advance.
The refrigerator is cooled by the Freezer. Cold air in the freezer is blown into the refrig area, the amount of air that goes to the refrig area is controlled by the Knob in the back of the freezer that controls an air baffle.

My thought would be that knob is not set correctly or your freezer (coils and air duct to refrig are iced up behind the back freezer panel preventing cold air from getting to the refrig.

There are many threads concerning this problem, here are a couple to start with that may help you diagnose your problem.
-Russ

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...mp-250969.html

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ll-237421.html
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:33 PM   #3

Thank you
Kate39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:10 PM   #4

Everchill fridge not cooling

I have the same model and just had a problem where neither the fridge, nor freezer was working.
One thing I noticed in the User manual that may impact the freezing coil problem is that one inch of clearance is required around the sides and back per the installation requirements. It is possible that this problem could be in part caused by a lack of air flow around the unit, although to this point I've not had the exact problem you describe..
It's also not supposed to be installed near a heat source. Mine's installed on top of the furnace LOL
mysticrrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, fridge