Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #1

Everchill WD-282FWDC - Leaks Water Inside

So we have a 2020 Puma 32BHKS that was delivered in mid-May, that we seasonal camp with. The Everchill 12v fridge is level in all ways that I check. We get water leaking inside the fridge, so we have to line the shelves with towels. The water leaks from the top cover in the fridge portion. It's leaked every weekend except the very first.

I pulled the cover off the freezer covering the coil. There was a good amount of ice blocking what I am assuming is the drain, so I used a hair dryer to clear and towels to mop up all the water. There is not a round drain as on a residential fridge, but slots. I cannot get anything into the slot to see if it's blocked. I did watch and water was flowing into the drain slots as I was melting the ice.

But no more than 30 minutes later, we were getting dripping water into the fridge again with no ice build-up in the freezer section.

I cannot find anything trouble shooting wise on this model anywhere on the web. I can call to get a service call, but I am trying to figure this out on my own, if it's an easy fix. Since we're seasonal, I'd prefer not to pull it to take it in. We can have them come out, but the wait list is quite long as well.

Any help on this fridge? Thank you in advance!
kcumjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
Commercial Member

kcumjc,

We would be happy to assist you with your Puma's Everchill Fridge. Please contact Johnny Jones in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.palominorv.com/DirectServ...97553070207957.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:06 PM   #3

TL/DR: Block in the drain to the evap tray, drain line iced over, cause freezer to leak into the fridge section.

I completely forgot to post back here with what the issue was.

I contacted FR and then was contacted by Everchill. Both were completely helpful and walked me through a few items to check.

I ended up pulling the fridge completely out of the cabinet, not an easy task with a center island in the way. There was no corrosion on any contact, everything was working as it should.

What happened, there was something in the drain line, preventing the water from getting down to the evap tray. I used some string trimmer line I had and ran it up from the bottom and could not get it through to the freezer. After a complete defrost, I poured some hot water to melt the rest of the ice in the line. After that, I was able to run the line from the bottom to the top and push the blockage out. It was some pieces of black plastic.

After that was completed, the fridge has been leak free for the rest of the summer.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #4

Same problem, 2020 model in Wildwood xlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
kcumjc,

We would be happy to assist you with your Puma's Everchill Fridge. Please contact Johnny Jones in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.palominorv.com/DirectServ...97553070207957.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
Where is the drain pipe you unclogged? Sweats water into camper. Paper towels on every shelf to absorb mess.
CPOSAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPOSAR View Post
Where is the drain pipe you unclogged? Sweats water into camper. Paper towels on every shelf to absorb mess.
I could not find it by pulling the cover in the freezer easily. IIRC, it is on the right hand side just below the freezing coil.

I highly recommend to completely defrost the freezer. Unplug it, let it sit and mop up the water somehow. I used hot water to unfreeze the drain, to speed up the process. As noted, my drain was blocked with debris, yours might not be.

If you pull the fridge, there is an access panel you remove, then there is a tray tucked in. That tray is there to collect the water from the defrost cycle and above it you will see a small diameter black hose. I used 0.065 string trimmer line and it was tough to get it up into the hole due to the small space. A bigger diameter would be easier, but it was all I had at the site.

Once I was able to get the debris out ,I've had zero issues. Harder than it needs to be, but it really is an easy fix.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #6

Drain ?

Hi, we have an Everchill fridge also.
My question, is there a drain hose from that tray to outside the R.V. ?
I don't see one. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks, Ron
Max Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Doubt View Post
Hi, we have an Everchill fridge also.
My question, is there a drain hose from that tray to outside the R.V. ?
I don't see one. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks, Ron
No drain to the outside. It is designed to evaporate the water, as the motor that runs the chiller puts off heat. Just the same as your household fridge.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcumjc View Post
No drain to the outside. It is designed to evaporate the water, as the motor that runs the chiller puts off heat. Just the same as your household fridge.
Thanks. That is what I was hoping you would say.
Max Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:02 PM   #9

Leaking water from light area

I have the same problem. Paper towels on top shelf. I can not locate the drain in the coil area. I don’t know if this is causing the problem, I have my frig area set to around 40 degrees and the freezer set to near 0 degrees, I put thermometers in each compartment. The temperatures fluctuate bad, the freezer goes from 0 to almost 40. What could the problem be? I hope someone has an answer. It is a pain with the water all over
speedzone9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #10
Herschel

Everchill WD-282FWDC - Leaks Water Inside

This may be an entirely different issue, but this thread is the closest I could find on the forum to my concern. I have a Dometic frig in a 2008 Puma 26RLSS. The little plastic hose that comes from somewhere in the frig and drains out through the louvers in the outside vent has completely disintegrated and is missing. My RV tech, while attending to my bearings, brakes and tires, said it would require removing the frig and the exhaust to install a new one. Has anyone dealt with this plastic hose replacement? If so, is my tech right? No easy DIY fix?
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water