Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #1

Question Fantastic fan won't run with screen in place

Solved. But I'm not sure I'm happy with the solution.

Original post:
This is odd. I took the inside screen off my Fantastic fan (model 1250) to clean it, and when I put it back, the fan won't work. Remove the screen, fan works fine. Even tucking in one part of it (opposite the pull-down) disables the fan. I am stumped. Any ideas?

I loosened the five screws that hold the mounting plate in place, put the screen back in, and the fan ran. I then tightened the screws, one at a time, and all were fine except the one by the directional (exhaust/intake) switch. When I tightened it, the fan wouldn't run. I backed it off until the fan worked, then, with the fan running, slowly tightened that screw. The fan blades started hitting something, presumably the screen frame, so I backed the screw off, and all is fine. I'm guessing that with it fully tight, the blades are not able to move. So, now I have a working fan, but I have a screw loose (confirming what my wife has said for years). Does anyone have a more elegant solution?
Slowly figuring out the meaning of life
thomlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:50 PM   #2

How about a couple of washers?

2019 Salem FSX 179DBK
firemedicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #3

The fan blade may be too low on the motor shaft and rubbing on the screen There is a set screw on the hub of the blade that secures it to the motor shaft. Loosen the set screw and see if the blade will up a bit and tighten the set screw.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan