Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #1

Feature requests ?

Since Bob is an active participant I thought I could start a new thread on feature requests for future Concertone products.

Before I start with my first suggestions I wish to thank Bob Fields for his enthusiastic help - Concertone had been silent for a long time - nice to have someone who cares, with a genuine interest in customer service.

Feature requests:
1- Most RVs are not used full time, hence not plugged in all the time, often a disconnect switch even help protect batteries from complete drain. This means Zero volts to the Concertone.

I suggest a backup battery - like a CR2032, found in all computers and many other devices, to maintain settings for a month or two for example. Memory stations, time, alarms, etc.

Making sure it is easily accessible from the front. It would not cost much, and be a worthwhile feature,

2. HDMI output - only way to go now, 1 simple cable for both audio and video. With some sort of locking mechanism to secure the connection, as it is a rather flimsy connector and am convinced it would stay connected for more than 10 minutes in a moving TT Component video would be better for this, but it's a lot of cables (5 - 3 video and 2 audio)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #2

How about a blue ray player. Just the next logical evolutionary step.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #3

Smile

problem with blue ray is that its already a dying breed. blue ray is good but too little too late, the studios big push for blue ray has always been playing cheezy lil games while watching movies and it just aint worth it!. i have a playstation 3 by sony (the best blue ray player on the market no joke) and i have a simple high quality toshiba dvd player that upconverts old movies to high definition and thats pretty common with all the newer dvd players and i dont have to get rid of my old movies and buy more.

next thing killing blue ray is the fact that digital on demand movies are outrenting/selling physical media disks at about 12-1 according to disney studios (who REALLY push the blue ray hard)

i think a standard upconvert capable dvd player and HDMI ports would be better and hit more people than blue ray would.

also for suggestions a DVR function so that campers can "pause" a live show if they have to use the restroom or walk the dog at night etc. it doesnt have to be as full featured as the major stand alones, but the basic stop/fast forward/pause record/play functions with a small amount of storage (say 5-10 hours storage) unlike my home dvr's 56 hours strage.
Covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #4

X2 - that is what I am looking for too. No need for Blu-Ray.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Times 3.

I am not looking for my sound system to PLAY content; I want it to SWITCH content and manage the surround sound. Period. Since all content now arrives via HDMI and component, I would expect an assortment of inputs; heavy on HDMI. Leave the DVD player for the "minimal" system (play audio CD and Video DVD) installations and also keep the docking port option. Expanding that wall late line as hardware changes is a worthy pursuit.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
rbq

Just a note about on demand videos. They may be popular & they are convenient, but I have found one large drawback with them & I have used both Netflix & Amazon on demand. They do not output the digital high quality audio that you get with a blu-ray. That has been a disappointment with me. Give me the blu-ray for the quality sound!
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #7

Sony develop the Blu-ray so you don't have to have a Playstation 3 to have the best, i have a Sony Blu-ray DVD player, but not a playstation 3, so i guess i have the same quality.

By having a Blu-ray DVD player, remember it has to be up dated with a new security verison, both of mine was just up dated to the 5.0 version. It's my understanding that the Playstation 3 is done automatic.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #8

Please, let's not make this a discussion on Blu-Ray.

The point on HD has been made and noted.

What would we want to see from a 12V multimedia device in our RVs ?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
Just a note about on demand videos. They may be popular & they are convenient, but I have found one large drawback with them & I have used both Netflix & Amazon on demand. They do not output the digital high quality audio that you get with a blu-ray. That has been a disappointment with me. Give me the blu-ray for the quality sound!
Have you tried VUDU? - you can select quality and even the lowest resolution has been awesome.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #10
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Thanks Denis, these (and more suggestions) will be helpful for our new product discussions. Keep'em coming...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote