Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2021, 11:56 PM   #1

Fireplace - LED lights

When we picked up our 2022 23DBH Grey Wolf last weekend, they had the trailer plugged into 30amp power. The fireplace lights were on during the walk through. We were shown how the remote control could control the colors etc. We have the trailer here at home now and are not on 30amp power, just battery. We were trying to get just the lights to come on in the fireplace (no heat) for ambiance. However, the fireplace does not do anything. I cant find much info in the manual other than saying the fireplace is 110. Does this mean that the LED lights also run off of 110?
RaCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:43 AM   #2

I believe if you plug in you will have lights. The LED in the fireplace are fed from the 110V power to the fireplace with that said they don't operate on 110V just get the power from the fireplace control. Plug in and test the system without turning on the heat from the fireplace. Let the forum know what you discover.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCreative View Post
When we picked up our 2022 23DBH Grey Wolf last weekend, they had the trailer plugged into 30amp power. The fireplace lights were on during the walk through. We were shown how the remote control could control the colors etc. We have the trailer here at home now and are not on 30amp power, just battery. We were trying to get just the lights to come on in the fireplace (no heat) for ambiance. However, the fireplace does not do anything. I cant find much info in the manual other than saying the fireplace is 110. Does this mean that the LED lights also run off of 110?
ALMOST ALL electric fireplace units work on 110VAC rated at 15amps.
Whether you want heat or not, they’re not typically 12 volt powered.
To test my theory, plug your rig into a 110VAC outlet at home......hopefully one that is NOT GFCI. They don’t get along well with RV units sometimes.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 12:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
ALMOST ALL electric fireplace units work on 110VAC rated at 15amps.
Whether you want heat or not, they’re not typically 12 volt powered.
To test my theory, plug your rig into a 110VAC outlet at home......hopefully one that is NOT GFCI. They don’t get along well with RV units sometimes.
Thank you! I will plug into 110 and check tonight. Appreciate all the feedback from everyone!
RaCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:39 PM   #5
Paul & Dianne

The entire fireplace runs off of 120VAC. In fact, there is most likely a dedicated breaker in your panel, check there. So, no, the LED lights won't work unless you're plugged in.

Tags
fireplace, led, light