Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #81

Forest River still not handling Furrion Replacement well

I just saw this post. I have been waiting going on two months to get the replacement frig for the Furrion that worked for a couple hours after we purchased the new unit. I have sent dealer emails and Forest River multiple emails to see what the hold up is. After explaining I had been dealing with the RV dealer Forest River reply was that I needed to get with the dealer I purchased the unit from. I resent a email chain of all information vin # photos of Frig Model and serial number. No response. I waited two weeks sent another email with the included chain from dealer and Forest River. Response was they need Vin number to get me in contact with correct person. Vin was included. I responded within 15 min with all information photos that had already been sent . No response, emails started on Oct 5th. I got a response on Nov 3 that they were looking into the situation and would get back with me asap. Nov 11th still no response. One of the mechanics at the dealer told me the Furrion issue has been going on for over 7 months yet Forest River has made no recall or made new buyers aware of the problem. Right now Forest River customer service is lacking and quality of their product is really questionable.
jdh582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #82

We take ours in next month for some warranty issues and the Furrion fridge is one of them. We shall see how it is handled.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #83

Mine is a Cherokee Grey Wolf, when I called, they at least confirmed that my new fridge had been ordered and it would be an Everchill. Haven't read anything bad about Everchill yet compared to nothing good about a Furrion. What also sucks, is we were limited on our use of the TT this year due to the fridge and water tank falling out and now it will be out of warranty by next season.
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemal View Post
Mine is a Cherokee Grey Wolf, when I called, they at least confirmed that my new fridge had been ordered and it would be an Everchill. Haven't read anything bad about Everchill yet compared to nothing good about a Furrion. What also sucks, is we were limited on our use of the TT this year due to the fridge and water tank falling out and now it will be out of warranty by next season.
My only suggestion is to become a member of GoodSam if you are not already and then get their extended service plan. Our Wolf Pups warranty is done at the beginning of next season also and we are getting the GS extended service plan to carry on from that time.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:32 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsimes View Post
My only suggestion is to become a member of GoodSam if you are not already and then get their extended service plan. Our Wolf Pups warranty is done at the beginning of next season also and we are getting the GS extended service plan to carry on from that time.
Thank you, I will have to look into that.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #86

I just bought a Spirit 2557 RB Friday and towed it to Miramar Beach FL yesterday and have joined the Furious Furrion club. My frig doesn't cool and the freezer has a frost ring around the inside and doesn't even completely freeze ice cubes overnight. The dealer had the exact same trailer with a gas/110 frig. My wife is now saying great job honey, get the 12V, it's way more efficient........just got off the phone with FR. We shall see what Furrion tells them to tell me.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #87

Yep--- with the Furrion issues I've had, I'll never buy another FR product. All they have is excuses. They tell me MAYBE next year they will be able to fix everything in my new TT. MAYBE? Please excuse me if I sound unhappy, I am!
Old 11-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #88
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemal View Post
Yep--- with the Furrion issues I've had, I'll never buy another FR product. All they have is excuses. They tell me MAYBE next year they will be able to fix everything in my new TT. MAYBE? Please excuse me if I sound unhappy, I am!
You do know that the Furrion brand is used throughout the entire RV Industry, no matter which manufacturer it is. Not just Forest River.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #89

I knew about tt issues, so I only have myself to get mad at. However, as long as they fix the issues, I will be fine. FR said they are sending a new Furrion frig to my dealer. We shall see what happens.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:24 AM   #90

FR is sending a new Furrion 12V frig to my dealer, at least that was what I was told. I dropped the trailer off with them Saturday. We shall see what happens.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #91

Call them and ask for a Cannon/Everchill/Magic Chef instead. FR doesn't put Furrion into their new rigs anymore because of the reliability issues.
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #92

refrigerator 12 volt

Quote:
Unfortunately there was no other choice as Forest River decided to switch to 12V only in the new Wolf Pups TTs.
We were given a choice between a 12 volt or dual mode refrigerator with the Arctic Wolf 29lb model. That's with the 2021 manufacture year. The 12 volt was to be the Everchill. But we found a 2020 model, same camper but this one has the Furrion fridge. Hope ours works better than those of you who have written into this forum. I don't know if I believe the dealer but they said they have sold around 300 campers this year and most have had the Furrion fridge. He said only 6 of them have had problems. So it boils down to whether he was telling the truth or not.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:01 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerman View Post
We were given a choice between a 12 volt or dual mode refrigerator with the Arctic Wolf 29lb model. That's with the 2021 manufacture year. The 12 volt was to be the Everchill. But we found a 2020 model, same camper but this one has the Furrion fridge. Hope ours works better than those of you who have written into this forum. I don't know if I believe the dealer but they said they have sold around 300 campers this year and most have had the Furrion fridge. He said only 6 of them have had problems. So it boils down to whether he was telling the truth or not.
We were not given a choice. They told us that I’d the fridge it has. With this being our first “New” TT we also didn’t know we could ask for an upgraded battery. We were also told the solar panel was a 100W when in reality it is only a 50W. I was talking to the service tech at the dealership about how disappointed we are with the 12V fridge and the fact that the battery and solar cannot keep up with the demand of the fridge. He simply said yeah the fridge will run the battery down over night. Thanks captain obvious. Having never dealt with a 12V only RV fridge before we took our sales person at their word when we told him that we will be mostly dry camping and asked him if the 12V fridge would be a problem. He said not at all it will work great for you. We should have known better than listen to a sales person.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:41 AM   #94

Furrion or Everchill choice

Quote:
We were not given a choice. They told us that I’d the fridge it has. With this being our first “New” TT we also didn’t know we could ask for an upgraded battery. We were also told the solar panel was a 100W when in reality it is only a 50W. I was talking to the service tech at the dealership about how disappointed we are with the 12V fridge and the fact that the battery and solar cannot keep up with the demand of the fridge. He simply said yeah the fridge will run the battery down over night. Thanks captain obvious. Having never dealt with a 12V only RV fridge before we took our sales person at their word when we told him that we will be mostly dry camping and asked him if the 12V fridge would be a problem. He said not at all it will work great for you. We should have known better than listen to a sales person.
We live in Montana and drove clear to Minnesota for the 29lb. The 2021 model was to be ordered and would have been another 750 miles farther than Minnesota, so we got the 2020 model. May have been a mistake to get the "20" model instead of the "21" model. The price difference wasn't that much between the two so we may have made a mistake. Kinda late now. We're weekend campers and usually dry camp but always have our generator with us. It's a Yamaha 2000w and only uses about 1.2 gallons of gas in 12 hours so about 2 1/2 gallons for a day which is only $5.00 worth of gas. I didn't realize these 12volt fridges used so many amps as people are saying here. We do have 2 27 series Interstate batteries so I'm hoping that will be enough to run the fridge over night if we don't have the generator running which we often do all night. But if the fridge craps out after six months like several who have written here, then that's all a moot point. Hopefully if ours bites the dust that FR will have gotten better at either fixing them or sending the Everchill as a replacement. They sound like they're not all that hard to put in so if that happens, I could put the thing in myself. I wonder how many people who own campers with Furrion fridges haven't had problems with them say for a year or two years or more. It'd be good to hear from them if there are any.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:18 AM   #95

Well, FR told me they would have a fridge to our dealer a week after I called going on 3 weeks ago and it isn't there according to our dealer. Off to exactly what I expected.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:55 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh582 View Post
I just saw this post. I have been waiting going on two months to get the replacement frig for the Furrion that worked for a couple hours after we purchased the new unit. I have sent dealer emails and Forest River multiple emails to see what the hold up is. After explaining I had been dealing with the RV dealer Forest River reply was that I needed to get with the dealer I purchased the unit from. I resent a email chain of all information vin # photos of Frig Model and serial number. No response. I waited two weeks sent another email with the included chain from dealer and Forest River. Response was they need Vin number to get me in contact with correct person. Vin was included. I responded within 15 min with all information photos that had already been sent . No response, emails started on Oct 5th. I got a response on Nov 3 that they were looking into the situation and would get back with me asap. Nov 11th still no response. One of the mechanics at the dealer told me the Furrion issue has been going on for over 7 months yet Forest River has made no recall or made new buyers aware of the problem. Right now Forest River customer service is lacking and quality of their product is really questionable.
I don't know what make of Forest River you have but I have a Puma - I contacted Puma Warranty at first they said "contact your selling dealer" - I told them my dealer said contact Forest River - and I got a resolution the next day - less than 24 hours about my roof - they authorized a full roof replacement - now it's up to the dealer to get my work scheduled. I am hoping that they will be at least half as attentive as the Puma Warranty Division - shout out to Mark Porter, Puma Warranty (he apologized that he took so long - everyone should be so good at customer service)!
Try going that route! Good Luck!!

2020 Puma 257RESS
2020 Ram 2500 4 X 4
Centerville, Texas
Living to work and Working to live!
Sharonogoingsolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, fridge, furrion