Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2024, 11:21 PM   #1

Forest River Salem Hemisphere King Olympus Prewire

I recently got a Forest River Salem Hemisphere 2024. It came with a King Olympus Antenna. The plate next to the washer/dryer connections states that it allows for the wifi extender, so I purchased the King wifi extender/router for it. The dealer stated to take off the plate and the cables to connect will be behind the plate.

However, there are cables, but nothing loose and there are a ton of cables in a little hole that are hard to see. Some appear to be the washer dryer power. Also, I believe some go to the audio outside. Judging by the colors of the cable.

Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions? I asked the dealer, ther answer was, I don't know., call forest river. Tried that and filling out there form, but they don't respond at all.

JKip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240603_191926.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	381.6 KB
ID:	300525   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240603_191924.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	300526  
JKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 08:13 AM   #2

I had a similar situation in my 5er. The good news is, the wire is in there somewhere. The bad news is it might not be near that hole. My hole is in the bathroom linen closet. I could not find the King wire. I ended up buying a wireless endoscope camera off Amazon to try to find it. I did find it and it was tucked up above the hole. Could not reach it with my hand so had to use one of those flexible grabber thingies I had for when I drop nuts and bolts into hard to reach places. Not sure why they make it so hard to get to the cable.

After I went through all of that and got the King WiFi hooked up, I never use the King WiFi. Just use my phone as a hotspot. Go figure.

This is the camera I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, hemi, hemisphere, salem, wire