Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #1

Fridge

My electric refridgerator did not work on this camping trip. I checked the fuses and everything was good. I wonder if the thing just came unplugged ? It work two weeks ago but not now.. I have to pull the thing out to see if it is unplugged. I will check to where I it has power when I pull the unit. Anyone out there have the same problem? 268 rks Vibe
dnjsellars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #2

Try an see if it gets cold on gas instead of elec if so this may indicate you elec element has went bad or not getting power.
Soga65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #3

You have a residential fridge? If not there is no need to pull the unit to see if it has power if the light comes on inside the fridge has at least 12v power open the vent door on the outside of the rig and check that the receptacle has 110V power (assuming you are on generator or shore power) if it has power it may be as others have said your electric heating element. select propane and see if it cools down
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #4

Inside probe. There is a probe inside the refrigerator that determines the temp by how high it is.
Sometimes this probe will fall down and the refrigerator will not cool.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #5

Question Still not working

It is a residential refrigerator. No propane, electric only. My husband removed the batteries and we are wondering if maybe they are not hooked up exactly how they should be. If any of you out there with the same unit could take a picture of the battery hookups and post it, I sure would appreciate it!
dnjsellars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #6

I don't have a pic of my batteries however pull the battery covers and check to see that the large red wire is connected to the positive terminal and the large white wire is connected to the negative terminal. If you have two batteries you should have positive connected to positive and large red wire. and negative to negative and large white wire. Also check and make sure your battery disconnect is in the connected position. good luck let us know what you find
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnjsellars View Post
It is a residential refrigerator. No propane, electric only. My husband removed the batteries and we are wondering if maybe they are not hooked up exactly how they should be. If any of you out there with the same unit could take a picture of the battery hookups and post it, I sure would appreciate it!

Check out the Cedar Creek thread on this site and there is a thread on there that shows exactly how to hook up your batteries. Google the 12 volt side of life.com, look at part one. If you can wait until tomorrow I'll take a picture for you. A lot of dealers don't know the correct way to hook up the batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge