Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 06:14 PM   #1

Fridge freshness

Does anyone have any tips for keeping your RV ridge smelling fresh? I clean it between every RV trip and I keep a box of baking soda on the fridge door. I still find my fridge gets smelly by about the second or third day of camping. Thanks
SMBellcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:39 PM   #2

Do you prop the door open when sitting and not used? I clean real good after a trip and prop the door open in Between trips. No smells.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBellcamper View Post
I still find my fridge gets smelly by about the second or third day of camping. Thanks
A small refrigerator fan can help keep the smells down. https://www.campingworld.com/fridgec...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Also, we find ourselves putting more stuff in plastic containers or bags than we do at home.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:19 PM   #4
Site Team

If you are not running it, leave the door open a 1/4" or so. There are small adapters that hold it open.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:07 PM   #5

Fridge freshness

Here’s what I do:
1. After emptying the fridge & freezer following a trip, dry the interior of both compartments completely.
2. Wipe/clean all the surfaces: walls, shelves, and door shelves with either vinegar water or baking soda water after every trip. Allow to dry before closing fridge/freezer doors.
3. Store with either Bamboo Charcoal Air Purifying bags or leaving the doors clipped open as FlyBob described above.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07..._b_asin_image#
4. When preparing for the next trip, check fridge for any spots that need cleaning and check for unpleasant odors. If either is detected, repeat Step 2, above.

Then we’re ready to go!

We’ve never had smells while fridge is in use, and I don’t use baking soda or fans inside (except as noted).
flosmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge