Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2024, 01:29 AM   #1

Fridge isn't good

I have my 12v fridge plugged into electric and it works but stays on the line of danger on the fridge thermometer. Weve had it plugged in for 3 months and its just now starting to stay cold enough right out of the danger line to keep food on high.. this fridge is not a good fridge weve lost a lot of money in food ALOT! and were plugged into electric
CrystalC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:10 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalC View Post
I have my 12v fridge plugged into electric and it works but stays on the line of danger on the fridge thermometer. We’ve had it plugged in for 3 months and it’s just now starting to stay cold enough right out of the danger line to keep food on high.. this fridge is not a good fridge we’ve lost a lot of money in food ALOT! and we’re plugged into electric
This thread is about solar and battery power for a Cherokee Wolf Pup toyhauler, not about a bad fridge.
Therefore your post was moved to its own thread, in the Appliances and Electronics sub-forum.
You need to post what make and model number your 12v only fridge is.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:12 PM   #3

I was telling you how my fridge works actually
CrystalC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalC View Post
I was telling you how my fridge works actually
That's how I read your post.
It's got to be terribly frustrating to not be able to keep your food at the proper temperature.

Have you been in contact with the manufacturer of the refrigerator? They are the ones who warranty your fridge.

We do need the make/model of the refrigerator to try to help. Your 2021 is out of FR warranty, but perhaps not the refrigerator warranty.
Old 05-24-2024, 06:52 AM   #5

How hot is it inside your RV

If your fridge is enclosed (most are)
Then you may have to add some sort of ventilation so the heat the fridge produces can be dissipated

If your Rv is hot… it is harder to dissipate the heat
My fridge shares the furnace intake so plenty air can circulate around back of fridge

If your space is restricted …. Adding a couple cheap computer fans can help
Old 05-24-2024, 08:00 AM   #6

On most (all?) 12V fridges there is an adjustment usually on the temp controller that is pretty easy to do. When I first got my camper I had to set it on high to get things cold. I did the little adjustment and it works good at mid-range setting.

Google the manufacturer of the fridge and "12 volt rv fridge adjustment" and you'll find youtube videos.
j_chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_chastain View Post
On most (all?) 12V fridges there is an adjustment usually on the temp controller that is pretty easy to do. When I first got my camper I had to set it on high to get things cold. I did the little adjustment and it works good at mid-range setting.

Google the manufacturer of the fridge and "12 volt rv fridge adjustment" and you'll find youtube videos.
Ours is a Furrion 10ft3 and we went through a similar learning process. With temp gauges in the fridge and freezer, the best overall setting for the knob, is just slightly colder than "off grid".

Any colder, risks freezing things in the fridge. While it cools down to usable within hours, if empty, takes a couple days to stabilize. If full, more or less normal by the next day.