Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2018, 02:46 PM   #1

Fridge problems

Hello everyone I am looking for advice on a situation with my Forest River r-pod refrigerator. So to get directly to the point it will not power off nor will it power on it only repeats a cycle constantly beeping noise of full power and power off if that makes any sense? so let me try to explain that a little bit clearer one more time cuz I know this sounds weird, but the refrigerator will power up for a total of 3 to 5 seconds and then automatically power down this has been going on for 2 days in a row. Prior to a few days ago the camper trailer has been in dry storage unplugged with no power. Thanks again any ideas?
Tucker Greentree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
Site Team

It would help if you posted make and model number of fridge.
Since you left the trailer unplugged and the fridge needs 12v for the electronics, is the battery fully charged?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #3

Thanks
Old 11-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #4

Dometic fridge will not stay powered up?

2017 Dometic fridge model number RM8501 , located in my 2017 Forest River r-pod 179 model. The fridge has a serial number 53700034. I have checked every fuse I could find it all fuses are properly working also I took the marine RV battery out over to O'Reilly's and they checked it battery excellent condition. so I cannot figure out why the power will not stay on for more than 5 Seconds at a time. The fridge were all the automatically shut down for a few minutes and then power back up again on its own immediately followed by powering down again the cycle continues on constantly throughout the day and night for the last 2 days?
Old 11-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #5

Are your house batteries fully charged?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:14 AM   #6
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker Greentree View Post
2017 Dometic fridge model number RM8501 , located in my 2017 Forest River r-pod 179 model. The fridge has a serial number 53700034. I have checked every fuse I could find it all fuses are properly working also I took the marine RV battery out over to O'Reilly's and they checked it battery excellent condition. so I cannot figure out why the power will not stay on for more than 5 Seconds at a time. The fridge were all the automatically shut down for a few minutes and then power back up again on its own immediately followed by powering down again the cycle continues on constantly throughout the day and night for the last 2 days?
Does your fridge have internal batteries? I read something about a battery pack with 8AA batteries in that model. Also may have a battery at the igniter. Are you running from shore power at all? If so have you checked the voltage?

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:18 AM   #7
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Are your house batteries fully charged?
OP said in post #4 the battery checked good at O'Reilly's.

My guess is the control board for the fridge is bad.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge