Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #1

Fridge smoking when on propane

So I had a mouse issue. I cleaned up the mess which included all insulation around the fridge and then some. Mouse definitely came in behind the fridge.

After putting the fridge back and test firing it, there is smoke coming from the roof vent.

When I had the fridge out I noticed the large tube that the propane flame heats has a hole in the top. I'm thinking the mouse might have gotten in there with acorns and stuff.

Any thoughts on this. Can the tube be cleaned out? Replace it? Replace the whole fridge?

P.S. I really dislike mice.

2016 Nights Camped = 22
2017 Nights Camped = 11
PEAS_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEAS_PA View Post
So I had a mouse issue. I cleaned up the mess which included all insulation around the fridge and then some. Mouse definitely came in behind the fridge.

After putting the fridge back and test firing it, there is smoke coming from the roof vent.

When I had the fridge out I noticed the large tube that the propane flame heats has a hole in the top. I'm thinking the mouse might have gotten in there with acorns and stuff.

Any thoughts on this. Can the tube be cleaned out? Replace it? Replace the whole fridge?

P.S. I really dislike mice.
I hate mice too. Had them in my heating system and in the insulation under the floor.

I think you should be able to clean it but best to remove the fridge to do it.

This website has a good pic of the heater stack. Dometic DM2652 RV Refrigerator Repair - Faulty Electric Heater Element

Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I hate mice too. Had them in my heating system and in the insulation under the floor.

I think you should be able to clean it but best to remove the fridge to do it.

This website has a good pic of the heater stack. Dometic DM2652 RV Refrigerator Repair - Faulty Electric Heater Element

Thanks I pulled and found a few acorns on the igniter. All set now. Moving on to heat ducts.

2016 Nights Camped = 22
2017 Nights Camped = 11
PEAS_PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, propane