Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2018, 09:00 PM   #1

Fridge won't turn off.....

Our trailer just finished it's second season (still under FR Extra-year warranty) and I was winterizing just before Christmas...

Cleaned out the fridge and turned off the fridge with the doors open (and saw the interior light turn off).

A few days later, I went out to the trailer to grab something and noticed a light was on in the front of the trailer (it was dark) and checked it out only to discover that the fridge was on and the back wall of the freezer was frosted over.

Tried hitting the power button again on the fridge and nothing happened. In the end, I had to pull the 12v Fuse for the Fridge (and it killed power to the main trailer control panel as well).

I am wondering if anyone has had this issue? I found a service manual for this model fridge online but there is no mention of this issue anywhere in the document.
Windjammingnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:18 AM   #2

i do not know any specifics about your refrigerator or trailer. but what i did pick up on was that the trailer is in storage for a while and it is still being supplied with 12 volt power. are you hooked up to shore power while in storage? if so just concentrate on your original refrigerator issue. but it not you are letting the batteries continue to supply power. you will run these batteries down! if you do not have shore power do something to disconnect the batteries so they do not get discharged.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #3

The trailer is a 3008W and it's stored adjacent to the house with 30A service.

Mostly just concerned with the fridge issue. Likely either the panel or the control board.
Windjammingnc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge