Originally Posted by dea49
Can you tell if the chimney is getting warm or if the propane is lighting? If both are true then more than likely you have a bad refrigeration unit on the back. If both are false then probably a bad circuit board.
ok....You obviously know little about an ammonia refrigeration unit. Unless the solution has solidified from running out of level for a long period of time (which causes it to overheat and crystalize) in the piping, there isn't much to fail. I have seen them leak solution but one, it stinks and two a leaking unit will leave traces of yellow sulfur all over.
That leaves the control board (which I doubt) or one of the fuses under the cover, the thermoswitch (if it has one) or a fuse in the converter panel.
Non digital Dometics are very simple units.
I still suspect a fuse or a disconnected wire but we will see what the RV dealer says. It's not the physical cooling unit, I assure you.
The OP said it was 'working' and then the next morning it wasn't.
If the cooling unit failed, they would have one, smelled it and two saw it when the removed the lower vent/access cover.
Their posted pictures show no cooling unit failure other than the absence of a fan in the upper cavity and I'm surprised that FR didn't install one. That is SOP for a side venting fridge. Dometic has a fan kit just for that.
Finally, it's not a chimney, it's the boiler unit. The propane flame and or the 110 volt or 12 volt heating element heats the ammonia solution which courses through the unit via thermal transfer (thermo siphon) which is why an ammonia fridge has to be level or close to it.
Dometic (and Norcold) install a overheat switch on some models to counteract and shut down a fridge if, the solution becomes overheated. That could very well be the issue, but then I don't know if this unit has one. Some do, some don't.
Let the dealer/service center figure out the issue. Arm chair guessing does nothing and I'm not there to do it myself.