Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #1

Frigidaire French Door Refrigerator

We've replaced two refrigerator water filters in 3weeks because of a drop in water pressure to the water and ice maker in the refrigerator and the water flow is low again. Each time I replaced the filter the door water flow increased dramatically and ice production was good. Now neither are good again. I've taken a water softener off line to see if that might be the problem, but the water flow rate still dropped to unsatisfactory rates. I've sent a message to Frigidaire looking for a solution but wonder if any members have had a similar problem that they have solved. Our water pressure on the trailer side of the water filters is about 50lbs.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #2

Is this the only filter you have from the campground spigot to the refrigerator?

Just an observation but the filter maybe doing it's work filtering out sediments from the water supply. When the filter plugs the flow rate and pressure will fall off.

That is why engine oil filters have a filter by-pass built into them to prevent engine damage do to lack of lubrication due to filter plugging.

You may want to pre-filter the water first with an in-line filter before entering the camper. This may prolong the refrigerator filters life.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #3

We have a dual canister Flow-Pur filter before the refrigerator so sediment should not be a problem.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #4

You can eliminate the filter with a bypass plug. I also have a dual filter system so I'm not worried about the fridge filter. Removing it also increased the door water pressure and the ice maker preformed much better. This is what you need depending on model, it's easy to install just like the filter.

Amazon.com: 242294502 - Bypass for WF3CB Filter (Rep. 242069602): Appliances
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
You can eliminate the filter with a bypass plug. I also have a dual filter system so I'm not worried about the fridge filter. Removing it also increased the door water pressure and the ice maker preformed much better. This is what you need depending on model, it's easy to install just like the filter.

Amazon.com: 242294502 - Bypass for WF3CB Filter (Rep. 242069602): Appliances
I need another model but found it on Frigidaire's web site. That is a great solution. Thanks,
Old 06-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #6

Being in appliance repair for many years the filter doesent need to be in the unit to work , I don't install ours I use a filter before water enters the trailer so that I don't have to change the one in the frig. Being they cost so much for so little they do
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 CC 38CK View Post
Being in appliance repair for many years the filter doesent need to be in the unit to work , I don't install ours I use a filter before water enters the trailer so that I don't have to change the one in the frig. Being they cost so much for so little they do
So we don't even need the plug to make the water dispenser and ice maker work?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #8

No you don't need it , to replace filter you don't have to turn water off , it has an auto bypass built in in most refrigerators , filters are not needed to work
Old 06-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 CC 38CK View Post
No you don't need it , to replace filter you don't have to turn water off , it has an auto bypass built in in most refrigerators , filters are not needed to work
Next week when I'm at my unit I will give it a try without. I was advised it needed to be in place. Obviously bad information from sales people that's why I purchased the bypass. Thanks for the information, but it brings up a question if it's not required why offer the plug?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #10

Good question and don't know , I have never put the filter in mine and everything works just fine . Good luck also look up your model on line and see what it says about it .
Old 06-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #11

Okay here's the scoop, while it is true you do not need to shut the water off to change the filter, you will need the filter or plug is place for the water in the door and ice maker to work. I tried it several times and confirmed the water will not work with it out on my model. Mine is a double door residential Frigidaire model FFHS2322MS5 if it matters.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #12

Good to know , I have been retired for over 5 yrs now but the frig here at the house has never had a filter installed and the one in my 5vr doesent either but the one in the 5vr has a plug

Tags
door, refrigerator