Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #1

frozen

My concert tone would not eject a dvd. I removed the unit from the wall and took off the front cover. I got the dvd out but everything is frozen. The power comes on and it will go to radio stations but there is no sound. It acts like there is still a dvd inside of the player. I pulled the fuse with hopes of it re-setting but it did not help. Any advice please?
Thanks,
David Hughes

"Edited by Hokiehall to remove the phone number. Please pm David if you wish."
dandmhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #2

David, If the unit is still under warranty have the dealer deal with it. If not trash it and find a replacement. My friend at work has been through 6 Concertone units and finally thinks he has one that works. He's keeping his fingers crossed. Others here have replaced them with name brand units that will fit the spot and are reliable.

Also, I wouldn't be putting my phone number on the Internet in what is really a public forum, you run the possibility of having a lot of trouble doing that. If you want to send a private message to a member and include it that is a much better idea, but don't make it public. It's far to easy for crooks to get your information, don't make it easier for them.

Hope you find a solution to the problem. Good luck.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #3

I replaced my Concertone stereo (non DVD) with a car stereo head unit. much better sound and I know it will work each and every time I go to use it. I went through 3 before I gave up. it was cheaper and easier to just spend the $100 on the radio than driving almost an hour and a half and the cost of gas just to go to the dealer!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote