Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
Does it continue to blow hot air the whole time?
Yes
Bigdog6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #22

Then that rules out a defective high limit switch.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #23
Canadian Full Timer

Furnace not shutting off follow up?

My furnace does this as well. I have had it shut off now for almost a half hour and the blower is still on, but the air that is coming out of the floor vents is definitely cold. This is an older Suburban SF-35-F furnace and came with the unit which is a 1999 5th wheel Cardinal. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Cherokeerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 09:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
I've had this happen to me 2x. Once on the first night we used it in Ohio. The second was a few weeks ago. We had to pull the fuse. The thermostat said it was "off" but it would just keep heating and blowing. After pulling the fuse and waiting till the next morning... (it was so cold!!) I said the heck with it and put the fuse back in. It ran great from then on out until about 2-3 weeks ago where it did the same thing. Pulled fuse, waiting a few hours, put it back in. So dunno... if you have the same problem. But mine seems to work fine now. It's like it has to reset or something. This a new TT? Ours was spanking new on day one when it happened to us.

James
My furnace refused to cut off, even with the indoor temp at 95 and the outdoor temp in the 40’s. None of my fuses say “blower”. I’m wondering which fuse will work?

It finally stopped after I pulled the thermostat off the wall and I jiggled the white wire. But that could be happenstance.

I’d prefer to just pull a fuse until we get home.
Wandering Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 12:03 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Man View Post
My furnace refused to cut off, even with the indoor temp at 95 and the outdoor temp in the 40’s. None of my fuses say “blower”. I’m wondering which fuse will work?

It finally stopped after I pulled the thermostat off the wall and I jiggled the white wire. But that could be happenstance.

You replied to a thread that is 4 1/2 years old.
I'm sure that the OP's issues are solved by now.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 03:10 PM   #26

Just like the original poster

Quote:

Would you PLEASE post a picture of your thermostat, just as I asked the original poster to do, and which he kindly did?
  • Take a picture.
  • Put it on your computer in a known folder (e.g., Documents, Pictures, Pictures/trailer, or Desktop).
  • At the top of the editor is a paperclip icon. Click it.
  • In the popup window, click Choose File
  • Navigate to the folder where the picture(s) is stored
  • Select the picture, click Open
  • Repeat the above step if you have more pictures
  • Click Upload
  • Click Close This Window
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 12:45 PM   #27

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue.
Cworf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 03:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cworf View Post
Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue.
While at the campground, I pulled the thermostat off the wall and jiggled the wires. The furnace shut off. I still don't know if that was a coincidence.

I took the RV in for repairs and maintenance. When I picked it up, they told me that all of the wiring looked good. They did not find any shorts. Then they began to explain to me how the system worked, that I needed to check both zones, etc., etc.

When the repairman stopped telling me what I already knew, I explained that the temperature had reached 97* in the trailer and was still going.

He advised that if it happened again, I pull the fuse for the A/C to stop it, and then said it could be a faulty thermostat.

I will likely bring it back to them for a new thermostat after our next winter-time trip.
Wandering Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 04:56 PM   #29

Quote:
While at the campground, I pulled the thermostat off the wall and jiggled the wires. The furnace shut off. I still don't know if that was a coincidence.
When I picked it up, they told me that all of the wiring looked good. They did not find any shorts.
How about opens? Don't answer.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace