Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2021, 12:39 PM   #1

Furrion 10 cu ft DC refrigerator

I knkw there are posts about this refrigerator but I didn't see anything that relates to my issue. Maybe I missed it. Anyway, I have a 2020 FR Vengeance Rogue 25v. Bought it in the latter part of July from a private party who bought it new pulled it home and parked it. Long story short, he got sick and had to sell it. He never used it. The plastic was still on the mattress, around the toilet, and the stickers were still on the appliances, counters etc.
Naturally, warranty expired (FR does not trasnfer warranty anyway)
First time out camping... frig works fine for first night but now it is not working. The interior light is on but the compressor kicks on for about 2 seconds and shuts back off. It keeps doing this constantly. I disconnected tbe battery and the frig light goes out. After a while I connected the battery. Same compressor issue. As a new frig, I would expect it would work for awhile.
Not sure what to do for a long term solution.
Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks!
rejsende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #2

While the FR warranty is expired there may be a warranty on the frige from Furrion. Look through all your papers.

2010 Lexington 255 GTS

2000 Jeep Cherokee Toad
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:09 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontay View Post
While the FR warranty is expired there may be a warranty on the frige from Furrion. Look through all your papers.
Since they are not the original owner, I don't think Furrion will honor their own warranty either.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:22 AM   #4

Did you get the manuals from the original owner, if not the label will indicate the model, you can download the manual.

Look for the access panel on the backside of the fridge (not the wall opening) and remove it. This gives access to the compressor and electrical connections. Turn the power disconnect switch off or disconnect the batteries negative terminal and check all connections for tightness. Also check the tightness of the connections on the backside of the fridge accessible without removing the panel.

Ours quit 4 days at home after bring it home. The ground inside the access opening fell out in the techs hands and other connections weren’t tight.

Good luck!
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejsende View Post
I knkw there are posts about this refrigerator but I didn't see anything that relates to my issue. Maybe I missed it. Anyway, I have a 2020 FR Vengeance Rogue 25v. Bought it in the latter part of July from a private party who bought it new pulled it home and parked it. Long story short, he got sick and had to sell it. He never used it. The plastic was still on the mattress, around the toilet, and the stickers were still on the appliances, counters etc.
Naturally, warranty expired (FR does not trasnfer warranty anyway)
First time out camping... frig works fine for first night but now it is not working. The interior light is on but the compressor kicks on for about 2 seconds and shuts back off. It keeps doing this constantly. I disconnected tbe battery and the frig light goes out. After a while I connected the battery. Same compressor issue. As a new frig, I would expect it would work for awhile.
Not sure what to do for a long term solution.
Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks!

are you hooked up to electric box in campground or running off batteries. If you don't have a volt meter, how many lights show on panel when you push battery test?
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
are you hooked up to electric box in campground or running off batteries. If you don't have a volt meter, how many lights show on panel when you push battery test?
X2

Sounds like a low battery voltage situation if you’re not connected to shore power
davidsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland View Post
Did you get the manuals from the original owner, if not the label will indicate the model, you can download the manual.

Look for the access panel on the backside of the fridge (not the wall opening) and remove it. This gives access to the compressor and electrical connections. Turn the power disconnect switch off or disconnect the batteries negative terminal and check all connections for tightness. Also check the tightness of the connections on the backside of the fridge accessible without removing the panel.

Ours quit 4 days at home after bring it home. The ground inside the access opening fell out in the techs hands and other connections weren’t tight.

Good luck!
I have the manual. In fact I got all the manuals and paperwork from the original owner. I talked with the service rep at the FR dealer where the unit was purchased. He said this particular frig model was problematic and the model has been discontinued. (Sounds like furrion knows there was a problem)
For the access panel etc, I am assuming the frig needs to be pulled out of the cabinet to do what you are saying to check (the backside of the frige)?
Old 10-18-2021, 05:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsr View Post
X2

Sounds like a low battery voltage situation if you’re not connected to shore power
I am on shore power and the battery is connected. It appears the fridg is wired to the battery for when I disconnect the battery when hooked up to shire power the fridge does not work. I had calle FR about this type direct connection the rep said that was right. Seems not right to me.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #9

when connected to shore power you should leave the battery connected as well, the shore power also runs a 120V AC to 12V dc charging system that charges the battery, and the battery runs the refrigerator.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #10

Quote:
I have the manual. In fact I got all the manuals and paperwork from the original owner. I talked with the service rep at the FR dealer where the unit was purchased. He said this particular frig model was problematic and the model has been discontinued. (Sounds like furrion knows there was a problem)
For the access panel etc, I am assuming the frig needs to be pulled out of the cabinet to do what you are saying to check (the backside of the frige)?
As for the pulling, the tech did unscrew it from the front of the fridge, then slid it about 2” forward, then the access panel was removed. Looking at it myself, I’m not sure if it would have needing slid forward if using a right angle Phillips screw driver.

There have been issues with many, the dealer service Dept did the work on ours in April, it’s worked very well since then without an issue.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #11

Quote:
I am on shore power and the battery is connected. It appears the fridg is wired to the battery for when I disconnect the battery when hooked up to shire power the fridge does not work. I had calle FR about this type direct connection the rep said that was right. Seems not right to me.
The photo I’m attaching is of our breaker and fuses, #1 20 amp fuse for the fridge.

I’d be tempted to run a 10awg wire direct from the battery to the back of the fridge to isolate it and see if it still quits when plugging it into 110v.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:45 AM   #12

I contacted Furrion and the said to have the dealer complete the "tech form" they sent me to see if the fridge is bad or something else. Fridge is still under warranty.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:59 AM   #13

Nice. I know some devices in the RV don't discriminate against the 2nd owner, mostly its the Forest River that does I think.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:38 PM   #14

Update: I spoke with Forest River, actually got the warranty department. The rep was very nice and when I explained what was going on she said it was most likely not the fridge but a wiring issue because in 2019, 2020 many fridges were wired wrong in the factory. She suggested to take the trailer to a dealer and the dealer contact them for the fix to the wiring issue.
Just now thought of this... if they (FR) knew the wiring was wrong why not a recall?

Tags
furrion, refrigerator