Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2022, 08:47 PM   #1

Furrion Cable?

So I bought a rear view camera for my 2020 Wildwood recently. Spent a day trying to hook it up, it mounted fine, but couldn't get the camera to power on. So after all the frustrations I took the cable that came on my trailer in the Furrion mount and found it was melted and barely hanging on to a connection with two green wires. Not sure what the furrion cable was. I do believe the two green wires come down from one of the red driving lights.
What I am looking for is a replacement wire for the furrion cable and proper wiring procedures. Is the green wire hot or are the white wires connected to the driving light hot? Attached is a pic of the cable as i found it. Top of trailer is on left.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion Cable.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	270342
Thanks in advance.
ryno23nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:11 PM   #2

Figured it out. The two green wires in the pic when separated the right side clearance lights went out. So I left those two connected and stuffed them back in. Concluded they had nothing to do with the previous camera hookup. Snaked the provided connector in the same hole and up to the clearance light, connected to wires leading to clearance light and whala! Works great now.
ryno23nv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, furrion