Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #1

Furrion DV3100 DVD player consistently freezes mid movie

Our brand new Furrion DV3100 DVD player kept freezing mid movie on brand new dvd's consistently, over and over. I contacted (e-mailed) Furrion customer service with the issue because this unit is brand new included with the purchase of the new 2018 RV camper.
They recommended the reset button, which did not work for me.
After verifying purchase date, serial#, and make, model, year of my 2018 Grey Wolf 23DBH, they notified me that a new unit would ship to me and to repackage the old unit and send it back using the same box with a supplied return label.

The swap is very easy, and it only requires a phillips head screwdriver to remove the 4 mounting screws. All connections are simple plug and play from the prior unit's install. It's very easy!
If you have these issues, I recommend contacting Furrion customer service ditectly as they were very prompt and sincere in helping me solve the problem.
B-
Bmcarmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmcarmean View Post
Our brand new Furrion DV3100 DVD player kept freezing mid movie on brand new dvd's consistently, over and over. I contacted (e-mailed) Furrion customer service with the issue because this unit is brand new included with the purchase of the new 2018 RV camper.
They recommended the reset button, which did not work for me.
After verifying purchase date, serial#, and make, model, year of my 2018 Grey Wolf 23DBH, they notified me that a new unit would ship to me and to repackage the old unit and send it back using the same box with a supplied return label.

The swap is very easy, and it only requires a phillips head screwdriver to remove the 4 mounting screws. All connections are simple plug and play from the prior unit's install. It's very easy!
If you have these issues, I recommend contacting Furrion customer service ditectly as they were very prompt and sincere in helping me solve the problem.
B-
Thanks for this post, I have a 2019 Fr Vibe with that same DVD unit that I purchased in November and on Saturday tried to watch a movie for the first time and the disc(any kind) will not load, goes in about 3/4 and ejects after 5 seconds, if I call the dealer I know what will happen, 40 mile trip and wait for a month for a 5 minute replacement, i will call them, Thanks again for your post and hope they will help me
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:05 PM   #3

I believe I read about a screw on the back of the furrions that needs to be removed prior to install that prevents damage during shipping. There is supposed to be a sticker on the back of the unit reminding the tech to remove it but evidently either the tickers come off or the tech didn't notice.

If that screw is not removed, DVD's/CD's won't load.
I would pull the unit out and check and see if that may be your problem.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
I believe I read about a screw on the back of the furrions that needs to be removed prior to install that prevents damage during shipping. There is supposed to be a sticker on the back of the unit reminding the tech to remove it but evidently either the tickers come off or the tech didn't notice.

Cincygus how does the unit pull out of the cabinet, I do not see any screws on the face so maybe the face plate comes off? Thanks for your help
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 03-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
Cincygus how does the unit pull out of the cabinet, I do not see any screws on the face so maybe the face plate comes off? Thanks for your help
The user manual shows how it comes out.
https://cdn.accentuate.io/1906118393...100_IM_WEB.pdf
Old 03-27-2019, 05:36 PM   #6

Thanks, i will post the result sometime over the weekend
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 04-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post

i pulled out the player and sure enough the 2 screws where still in the top with a red strip that says to REMOVE THESE SCREWS, removed them and it works, so much for the dealers word that everything works during delivery, thanks again for your time
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 04-01-2019, 09:23 PM   #8

with the player removed i noticed the outputs to the tv are not hooked up so i assume i need to drill a hole behind the tv and run rca cables from the player to the tv or player to the wall jack thats behind the tv, will investigate later, too bad the player doesnt have hdmi to go to the tv, life would be great
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 04-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #9

Mine was bad right off the lot, of course didn't notice until I went to use it. I wonder if there was a bad batch? (2018 25lb)
I did get a new out of the box replacement. Though that could have gone better: the shady assistant parts mgr at Coates rv in Hugo tried to install a used one with a broken bezel. That did not go over well.
Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #10

why DVD freezes

I have the same problem. Apparently common. No good fix if you want to keep the radio. In our Cruise Lite the radio/DVD player fits horizontally into a cabinet, but the DVD has a drop-down front so the disc fits in & reads vertically. Authorized FR dealer's tech said that configuration causes vibration on the road that messes up the laser. Any replacement of that type will have the same problem. His solution: buy an inexpensive dvd-only player, "built a shelf to put it on" and connect it to the TV separately from the radio. Impossible in our 17ft trailer's configuration. If anyone has a suggestion for a better fix, would love to hear it!
IamJean2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd