Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #1

Furrion DV7200 Zone 2 speaker wiring help. FM reception solved...

I have read many threads about these entertainment setups and how they come wired wrong from the factory. I am not an audiophile by any means but do enjoy listening to music. The inside Zone 1 speaker sound is not bad and sounds fine to me but the outside Zone 2 speakers gave always sounded absolutely horrible. I finally decided to check how they were wired at the head unit. I found that the inside Zone 1 speakers each had their own set of speaker wires run to them but there appears to only be a single set of speaker wire for the outside speakers. There are also two wires on back of head unit that aren't connected to speakers. So it would appear that the outside speakers are wired in mono and as a single speaker. So I already know what needs to be done. My thoughts are to pull 2 sets of new speaker wiring from the outside speakers to the head unit but I want to do is as simple as possible. I figure I can just use the speaker wires already there to tape the new wires to pull but I need to know the chances that the existing wire is tacked down or will it just loose? I hoping it is just loose in there...

On another note, I never was able to get good reception on FM channels. I did happen to notice before that I needed to have the digital outside antenna turned on or I would get absolutely nothing. I thought that was a little odd because I figured the digital antenna was for television and that there should have been a separate FM antenna. When I had the DV7200 head unit out, I discovered an antenna adapter plugged into the back that attached to some grey coax cable but the coax connector was loose. I tightened that up and now I seem to get much better FM reception.

Tags
furrion, reception, wiring