Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #1

Furrion Fireplace Red light issue

Hi everyone. We just bought our Wildwood 22RBS at the Hershey RV show and haven't had a chance to use it until Veteran's Day weekend. When we got it out of storage last week, I noticed when I turned on the Furrion electric fireplace it would blow heat for about 30 seconds, then the heat would kick off and red light would start flashing. Started doing some research and found several threads on other forums discussing the issue. One of them pointed me towards this solution https://www.etrailer.com/question-327569.html that recommends cutting the wire mesh around the sensors. Tried it, and it did not work.
Ended up pulling the unit out of the camper, took the back panels off, disconnected the sensors and it still did the same thing...they must have fail safe so you cannot disconnect the sensors. So, the last thing I tried (which was the easiest to do) was pull out my air compressor and blast the sensors with some air in case some dust or debris had gotten on them...it worked!
So, if anyone runs into this issue, try hitting the sensors with some canned air or a compress and see if it works before trying everything else. It would have saved me a lot of time.

TT - 2019 Wildwood 22RBS
TV - 2017 Titan XD
"No matter where you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai
direwolf2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:42 AM   #2

I have the same issue. Did you actually forced the air directly onto the two sensor lens from the front of the fireplace? Or did you removed the sensors from the back before you blew them out?
kcwn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:34 AM   #3

I blew the air directly into the sensors.

TT - 2019 Wildwood 22RBS
TV - 2017 Titan XD
"No matter where you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai
direwolf2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fireplace, light