Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 10
I'll be adding shims to mine today.
glvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:43 AM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 3
My hinge had a crack in the metal preventing it from not latching properly as described. It is a cast piece that a defect in the metal. When the dealer went to fix it, he said it broke and the door fell off. They put a new piece on and it WAS good as new, now it’s starting to do the same thing again.
Bkketner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,747
Did it crack again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkketner View Post
My hinge had a crack in the metal preventing it from not latching properly as described. It is a cast piece that a defect in the metal. When the dealer went to fix it, he said it broke and the door fell off. They put a new piece on and it WAS good as new, now it’s starting to do the same thing again.
And did the new part crack in the same place?

If it did, it makes one wonder about questionable design practices. For many years, design engineers studied stress analysis and could (mostly) identify and strengthen the weak points and augment them before production began.

And then, a decade or two ago, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) made it possible for the computer to tell the designer where the breaks would occur. If Furrion didn't do this, it's an indicator of a lack of quality processes.

Forest River has taken Furrion off their list of approved vendors. The only question is why it took so long.
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:16 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
And did the new part crack in the same place?

If it did, it makes one wonder about questionable design practices. For many years, design engineers studied stress analysis and could (mostly) identify and strengthen the weak points and augment them before production began.

And then, a decade or two ago, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) made it possible for the computer to tell the designer where the breaks would occur. If Furrion didn't do this, it's an indicator of a lack of quality processes.

Forest River has taken Furrion off their list of approved vendors. The only question is why it took so long.
Not sure if it did in the same place. It just started not aligning again while I’m currently camping
Bkketner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:06 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 33
Are we talking about the bottom hinge bracket or a different one? My shim work is already sagging while camping this weekend.
__________________
_____________________________________________
2020 Cherokee 294RR
2021 Chevy 3500HD Diesel SRW CCSB
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post
Are we talking about the bottom hinge bracket or a different one? My shim work is already sagging while camping this weekend.
Yep, that’s the one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E600D0F-DD85-46C9-A2B7-8AF7FC507446.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	253354  
Bkketner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkketner View Post
Yep, that’s the one.
Mine looks almost like that. Cracked closer to the round part.
klingsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:52 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 10
Got back from our latest trip. The shims seemed to work, fridge even sealed better.
glvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door, furrion, refrigerator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.