Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #1

Furrion refrigerator door adjustment

I have one of the new 12v refrigerators and after the second trip it seems the door is out of lineament for the lock to catch. Up can close it by holding the lock open but you can’t just give it’s push to close, is there an easy adjustment I can do or does it need to go back to the dealer. It’s in a 2021 Grey Wolf 26MBRR
DennisJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisJ View Post
I have one of the new 12v refrigerators and after the second trip it seems the door is out of lineament for the lock to catch. Up can close it by holding the lock open but you can’t just give it’s push to close, is there an easy adjustment I can do or does it need to go back to the dealer. It’s in a 2021 Grey Wolf 26MBRR
I was hoping there was answer to your question Dennis....we have the same issue!
Bond_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:48 AM   #3

Hard to believe we are the only two with this problem out of the 1,000’s that are out there.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:06 AM   #4

I am literally at our campsite thumbing through Furrion manual....dont see anything that troubleshoots it
Old 09-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #5

Two thoughts on this

Quote:
On residential refrigerators, the door is actually kept aligned by the plastic molded interior liner that has the shelves. (My neighbor once removed the liner to paint the refrigerator. When he replaced the liner, he tightened the screws while blocking the lower door corner with his ankle. When he closed the door, the bottom hit and the top was an inch out. I advised him to loosen all the screws, then tighten them while holding the door behind each screw.) Could this be your problem?

Another possibility is that the whole box is sprung. Is it possible that the corners are not square because it has flexed? That would lower or raise the door latch. If that seems to be the case, I would try a little brute force to re-square the case. Could that be your problem?
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #6

Furrion 12V

We had the same issue, I removed the door and placed a plastic washer at the bottom hinge, and has worked without issue. I did find it very strange that there was no adjustments, but then I realized that it was made by Furrion, which I have had issues with other furrion products, and they really make some questionable products.
Diverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #7

Door latching

I took plastic latch off, enlongated holes with rat tail file, centered it so both latch, problem solved. Checked mounting bolts on hinges all tight.

2020 Ford Ranger XL, 4wd, locker tow package, Blue Ox Sway Pro
Retired mechanic & OTR TruckDriver Owner Operator
20 yrs + 1 million miles
Newbie Pup Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie Pup Owner View Post
I took plastic latch off, enlongated holes with rat tail file, centered it so both latch, problem solved. Checked mounting bolts on hinges all tight.
That's a great idea. It's amazing there is NO adjustment for that latch. My fridge door will lock but I've been using duct tape to secure the freezer door and there IS room to move it. Couldn't believe there was no adjustment...guess I'll make my own!
dwilli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #9

Same problem on our 2021 Wolf Pup after two weekend trips, I'm glad there's an easy fix. I was hoping to avoid having to take it back in to the dealer.
ggriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #10

Still haven’t found fix for this problem, dealer told me to shim it but there is no room for a shim. I would take it in to have the dealer to fix it but they are 2 plus months out.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #11

Oval holes

Quote:
Still haven’t found fix for this problem, dealer told me to shim it but there is no room for a shim. I would take it in to have the dealer to fix it but they are 2 plus months out.
DennisJ, See post #7 in this thread. Just use a rat-tail file (small round file) to oval out the round holes in the door hinges and you can make the adjustment yourself.

This set might do it.

There are several others that could work, as long as they are small enough to fit in the original hinge hole.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:57 AM   #12

Mine is at the dealer right now with multiple warranty items....the fridge door is one of them. Service advisor said they shim it but not sure where/how. I'll repost when I get it back with the fix.

Our fridge would go under the latch with food in the door as the weight would tilt it slightly so it wouldn't latch.

This unit has been riddled with more issues than my other 6 combined!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2020, 07:59 AM   #13

Hi. Is there a way to post pic of tool/fix? Thanks!!!
Old 10-13-2020, 08:17 PM   #14

So is this still the fix that most are using? I'm having the same problem and just wanted to see if any other solutions have been found.
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggriffiths View Post
Same problem on our 2021 Wolf Pup after two weekend trips, I'm glad there's an easy fix. I was hoping to avoid having to take it back in to the dealer.
Just an update, the fridge died before I had a chance to fix the hinge problem. The dealer is replacing it under warranty with an Everchill of roughly the same specs because FR is telling them it can't be repaired. Not sure how widespread this issue is but ours only lasted about three weekends.
ggriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #16

Sorry to hear. My service told me last weekend they are replacing Furrions left and right....he said the 12v Furrion fridge has disappeared and to his knowledge they are not making them anymore bc of so many issues. They are replacing ours as well.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:24 PM   #17

My freezer door works fine so far, however the bottom door is very hard to open I’ve tried loosening screws and lift door up and tighten back. Shimming at the hinge only makes worse. Anyone else have this problem?
Jchandler909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:27 AM   #18

Add us to this list as having the same issue with door adjustment. I haven't looked into fixing it yet, but I did a quick look and it appears shimming is what I'm going to try. Frustrating for sure.
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:59 AM   #19

Just got mine back from the dealer for this issue. They re-aligned the door (per instructions sent to them by FR). Latched OK when I picked up not so much once I got home and put any weight in it. Frustrating to say the least.
glvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #20

Shimmed the door on mine last evening. Interestingly, there were already oval shaped holes in the bottom bracket. The bolts were already fully to the right so no more adjustment. Used a couple of washers along with one of the plastic washers on top to touch the door. Much better. Camping this weekend so will see if it stays where it's at. If it moves, I'll make the holes a little longer for more adjustment.
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, furrion, refrigerator