Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2022, 04:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeebill View Post
Sorry guys but this is off topic. I noticed in your photo RedRover that you have removed your TV from its bracket. How did you do this? I have the same bracket in my 19FD but have not been able to figure out how to do this. Was there a special twist and lift motion, or a button to push or just brute force?

Again sorry for hijacking this thread.
It just lifts straight up. No button, just brute force. Notice the v-shape to the "rails" on the bracket.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:11 PM   #22

Thought so, thanks for confirming this. I guess I have been afraid of breaking something if I use to much force. Ours is really stuck.

Again, thank you.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:22 PM   #23
Trailer Park Supervisor

I removed mine to put a tilting bracket on. Can't remember if there was a set screw on the part that lifts straight up or not.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:33 PM   #24

This is the mount:
https://www.amazon.com/Mounting-Swin.../dp/B08FBK2845

In order for the TV to also mount on the solid wall plate, it has to just lift up. The vibration from the RV going down the road will cause the TV to settle into those V shaped rails very tightly.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I removed mine to put a tilting bracket on. Can't remember if there was a set screw on the part that lifts straight up or not.
Ah, I will watch for that. Good tip.

We think that we would like to take it off the wall unit and put it on the table stand so that it is closer to us when we sit on the couch.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
This is the mount:
https://www.amazon.com/Mounting-Swin.../dp/B08FBK2845

In order for the TV to also mount on the solid wall plate, it has to just lift up. The vibration from the RV going down the road will cause the TV to settle into those V shaped rails very tightly.

Ok, again thanks. So that confirms that there is no set screw. I will just need to be brave and give it a go. After all, what is the worst thing that can happen? Yeah, that.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:39 PM   #27
Trailer Park Supervisor

Maybe gently tap on it with a mallet so you don't damage tv or mount until it starts to give. I do remember my friction fit V-mount rails were quite tight too when I pulled mine.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Maybe gently tap on it with a mallet so you don't damage tv or mount until it starts to give. I do remember my friction fit V-mount rails were quite tight too when I pulled mine.

Mission accomplished. I went out to our trailer, made the sure TV arm was locked into place and then I gave the TV a sharp push straight up. Voila, the TV popped off. So, thanks all for the help. Now I can put the TV on the stand and set it on the table to view it better. Thanks again.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:12 PM   #29
Trailer Park Supervisor

The OEM mount had no up/down tilt capability, and this tv doesn't look good unless you are looking at it straight on. I bought this tilting mounting plate and used existing OEM folding arm. Now I can sit in dinette and tilt screen down to see, or tilt it down a bit for when we are in bed.

Only up 3.5 bucks since I bought it a couple years ago, miracle. 20 bucks now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that I look at pic on above link, I realized the NEW one had a set screw, sorry for the 'misinformation', lol.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:10 AM   #30
Trailer Park Supervisor

Just wanted to update this thread since it is useful for those of of stuck with subpar factory setup.

1. Not only is the DV7100 or DV7200 mono audio output, the HDMI ports do NOTHING. Apparently the factory guys did not know this when they ran an HDMI cord from TV through wall, and into back of radio. It is PASS-THROUGH only, does not connect to anything. So I guess if you wanted to connect something to front of radio via HDMI, it would connect to TV via the cord in place (useless since you can just plug something directly into TV's HDMI ports.)

2. The RCA jacks on left and right tv output go to input jacks for AV mode on radio

3. Plugging a bluetooth dongle into the headhone jack port on the TV is the only way to get your bluetooth speaker or headphones to work. This has turned out to be the most useful workaround to get sound to my nightstand when laying in bed, about the only time we watch TV anyhow. Putting the radio into BT mode doesn't work for this purpose, as the radio has to be in AV mode to receive the inputs from the TV.

4. Although I'm glad I upgraded the crappy single speaker outside, it was kind of a waste of time and money, since I could just have used my good JBL Charge 5 outside, connected to my phone.

Tags
furrion, question